Does anybody here, eat more butter than me?

(Marianne) #7

Dam skippy - and bacon grease!

:rofl: :hugs:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #8

When I first read this, I thought you put three on the plate to make sure there was butter on both sides of the steak. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #9

I know this sounds heretical, but I really don’t care for the taste of butter…

(Jane) #10

:scream:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #11

I don’t care what they feed my butter, I just need 4-6 oz of it a day :wink:

(Jane) #12

No LOL. I eat generous portions but nowhere near that. That would be half a Kerrygold brick a day.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #13

Yea, I don’t even want to try Kerry Gold… I’m afraid I might like it too much :grinning: lol
I spend enough on WinCo house brand butter as it is. Last thing I need to double the price on, is my butter :slightly_smiling_face:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #14

Spoiler alert.

(Tracy) #15

I’ve saved so much money eating Keto that I might switch to grass-fed butter or at least supplement my store brand butter with it. It’s hard to pass up $1.99/pound when it’s on sale. To answer you question FishChris, I eat a good amount of butter. I try to use my frozen bacon grease cubes in place of butter just to save money. Bacon grease is free butter <-------This has become my Moto.

Studies show that grass-fed butter may be more nutritious. In particular, it contains a higher proportion of healthy unsaturated fatty acids (6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source).

For example, grass-fed butter is higher in omega-3 fatty acids. These are thought to have anti-inflammatory properties and have been linked to many health benefits.

One analysis found that grass-fed butter provides about 26% more omega-3 fatty acids than regular butter, on average (7Trusted Source).

Another analysis determined that grass-fed dairy may pack up to 500% more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than regular dairy. Studies have linked this fatty acid to many potential health benefits (8Trusted Source).

For instance, CLA has demonstrated promising anticancer effects in animal and test-tube studies, though more research is needed (9Trusted Source, 10Trusted Source, 11Trusted Source).

In addition to boasting a healthier fat profile, grass-fed butter is believed to be much richer in vitamin K2, which plays an important role in bone and heart health (12).

(Doug) #17

I’m good for a stick a day, on many days, Chris - probably averaging 3 or 4 days a week. I made a pound of liver Thursday evening with lots of it, and when the meat was gone I kept whittling little chunks off the remainder of the stick until it was gone.

(Wendy) #18

Yep! 1oz cube in coffee in the am. And if my and my husbands macros are lacking. We cut another .5 to 1 oz.chunk,we also cook with butter. We have found an excellent Amish Rolled butter. Safeway here in Az. Carries it. It comes in salted or unsalted. We use the salted. We actually made our own. But the cost is spendy,and the process is messy. It costs $10 here for a 2# roll. Totally worth it. Super good.

(charlie3) #19

Never used much butter, used bacon grease for scrambled eggs till I gave up on bacon. I consume a lot of heavy cream in ice coffee. Butter on top of that would be getting a bit much.

(Ben ) #20

Excuse me but do you have any butter oil ?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #21

I use grass fed butter but I’m a weirdo and only use 10 grams when I cook.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #22

Thanks guys. Yes, I have been using a little bacon grease too… Whenever I cook bacon… About 2 or 3 mornings a week. The rest of the time it’s boneless pork ribs, steak, or Salmon. I also use a ton of heavy cream, in cooking, and in my coffee.

Btw, I LOVE my home roasted coffee every day… But I’d never put butter in my coffee.

So yes, I eat a ton of butter, but also heavy cream, cream cheese, regular cheese. I’m a dairy freak :slightly_smiling_face: And don’t count the numbers for anything.

(Bunny) #23

You don’t want to be a butter freak if your over-weight (trying to burn body fat), you might start storing it if you eat too much of it rather than oxidizing it?

Dr. Berg is the man.

If your doing Keto Dr. Berg is a must watch on YouTube

Butter freak here, too. Most days, I eat at least 2 hard boiled eggs. I slice them in half longways, and each half gets salted, and a TB pat of butter…then pop it down. Whatever beef I eat is either cooked in, dipped in, or slathered with butter. I don’t eat much chicken anymore, but when I do, I treat it the same as beef.

Your daily butter would last months for me :smiley: I can’t afford much added fat, let alone expensive butter. But it’s nice stuff. Once I had nothing to buy in a shop only butter and I ate it and liked it. I could eat much every day, I just don’t need all that extra energy and cost and if I did, I probably would get even tastier ideas.
But I can understand eating lots of delicious butter. Or heavy cream, well that’s good stuff even though I can’t buy it fresh so there is a bad aftertaste. It’s still good.

My fat is mostly in my pork (I do my best to eat it not rendered) and egg yolks now (tastier than butter to me and I tried Kerrygold, it was really good), it helps with my satiation way more than added fat. If I needed WAY more energy, I probably would use added fat and butter is a nice option indeed.