Do you see any issue with these recipes?

(Mother of Puppies ) #1

I made it on Friday and again on Saturday. I’ve been eating this all weekend. (Side note, I think weenies are disgusting looking, but… this barbecue sauce…) The volume seems way beyond what I need for satiety, (and the reaction of my stomach was horrific… unmentionable - that’s how I realized this was a HUGE mistake) but I never feel stuffed.

What do I need to learn from this?
Avoid umami foods?
Avoid Worcestershire?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #2

Avoid sugar free ketchup. It’s a food with fake crap in it.

Maybe just sweet stuff triggers your insulin, regardless of what it does to your blood sugar.

(Mother of Puppies ) #3

Not usually. I make soufflés all the time and eat two bites per day.

(Janette Maret) #4

It could be the Lil Smokies themselves causing a problem, here are the ingredients

Ingredients

Pork, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Potassium Lactate, Salt, Dextrose, Natural Flavors, Sodium Phosphate, Monosodium Glutamate, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Hydrolyzed Beef Stock.

(Mother of Puppies ) #5

So disgusting.

I can’t believe I was snarfing themnlike that.

But the bbq sauce… dipping bacon in it was UH-MAZING

(Janette Maret) #6

I was at Costco this week and they had a really clean version of lil smokies. I may have to go back and get some to make the bacon wrapped yumminess and just make my own BBQ sauce.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #7

Well that BBQ sauce certainly looks tasty and I usually don’t even like it in general. I wonder if it’s the sugar sub in the sugar free ketchup. There are some artificial sweeteners that implode my intestines.

Sausages/smokies/bacon are treats once in awhile only. Any processed meats with preservatives aren’t great and produce bloating and diarrhea on a consistent basis. The bbq sauce looks very unappetizing(sorry!). Perhaps I’ve been conditioned over time/do not find it appealing at all. I wouldn’t touch that with a 10 ft pole but the meat looks good. If I go for a dipping sauce it’s something like a light drizzle, not in those proportions in the photo.

(Mother of Puppies ) #9

That’s exactly what happened. I’m not familiar with sucralose, but it was a disaster.

(Mother of Puppies ) #10

Yeah. And I cooked three packages’ worth in a weekend! (I’m going to throw the third batch out😂)

The explosion was silent, too. Scariest thing ever when I realized what had happened. Didn’t feel a thing!!!

Everyone at the function I took them to raved.

(Mother of Puppies ) #11

Really horrified that I saw nothing wrong with eating this crap over a whole weekend. I was possessed.

Still struggling to get back on the horse from this…

Back to cooking breakfast every day and avoiding my carb-fiend coworker who passive-aggressively pushes carbs.

(Steve) #12

I think it’s the Lil Smokies too, look at the ingredients the only good thing in there is the water and salt.