Do you *keep* falling off the horse? This may help

(Mother of Puppies ) #1

I’ve been falling off the horse for two years now. :cry:

I asked this question at a meetup and no less than JACKIE EBERSTEIN gave me an answer - “Find a health motivation.”

That was over a year ago.

Yesterday, listening to Cookie Rosenblums AMAZING podcast for overeaters and bingers (Weight Loss Made Real) episode 106 and 107) I found my motivation and a way to connect with it on an as needed basis.

Immediately, I was strong enough for an evening grocery store visit (I had sworn off them) and I didn’t even THINK of grabbing a bag of Doritos I’d been wanting all day.

Highly recommend her podcast, especially if binging is your issue. Her + Keto = I feel cautiously optimistic about the progress that can happen, finally.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I find that the less carbohydrate I eat on a regular basis, the likelier I can eat a bit of something I shouldn’t and not binge on it. Staying away from artificial sweeteners helps, too.

(Elizabeth ) #3

That was a great podcast!

(Mother of Puppies ) #4

Glad you liked it.

She is an incredible expert.

(traci simpson) #5

I know I’m struggling! the first time since I started, I’m having a very difficult time (after eating movie popcorn) feeling like myself again. It’s been a week since them and my poo’s aren’t so great anymore, my stomach bothers me from time to time and I’m craving carbs like mad crazy. I’m very upset and worried.

(Scott) #6

I think I have eating one potato chip and one french fry since July 10th so I think I can resist the binge. Other than beer carbs the only time I ate carbs was when dinner guests brought creme brulee for desert. My wife told be to eat it without a word…after 38 years I have leaned to pick my battles wisely. :grinning: