Do you guys want to hear something weird? What I put my chicken stock in this morning

I get the organic chicken stock from Costco and try to drink about 1 cup per day.

Guess what I did with it this morning? Put it in my coffee… and it was…

DELICIOUS!!!

I did half coffee, half chicken stock… added HWC, cinnamon, and monk fruit drops…

YUM!!! I’m not even kidding.

(Kristen Ann) #2

I finally tried BPC for the first time at the end of my 4th month of keto. I don’t think I’m adventurous enough for this concoction yet! I’m happy it worked out for you though!

my husband refuses to try it. lol… I swear it’s good. You don’t taste chicken at all. It’s like the salt in it brings out the flavor of everything else. Who would have thought? I can’t even remember where I got this idea. I saw somewhere some else mentioned it somewhere out in the world wide webs. :smiley:

(bulkbiker) #4

I put salt in my coffee and butter in my bone broth but never had broth and coffee mixed… maybe one day…

(Kristen Ann) #5

Last week I thought it would be brilliant to add bacon to this peanut butter, HWC, and chocolate “mousse” I made. It was disgusting lol. I couldn’t force myself to eat it.

lol haha… I have been there (with some weird experiments)… I’ve definitely thrown some stuff out. lol

(Steve Forbes) #7

What’s HWC, Thanks!!!
SteveF.

(Kristen Ann) #8

Heavy whipping cream.

(Doug) #9

The salty/savory aspect of stock - a good thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Carl Keller) #10

You might be on to something. There’s plenty of packaged coffee grounds that advertise “with a hint of citrus… or a nutty flavor”. I’m picturing KetoMom Coffee stating “… with a salted, chickeny aftertaste”. :sunglasses:

Heck, I’ll even give it a try tomorrow.

@CarlKeller yaaaa! :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

My son drinks a powdered bone broth that tastes like hot chocolate. So why not? Maybe go full strength with chicken stock through a melita pour over maker.

so who was brave enough to try it this morning? lol :smiley:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

I made turkey bone broth yesterday but…:rooster: :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

I’m waiting for @CarlKeller ‘s verdict. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Carl Keller) #16

@David_Stilley Oops, I’m usually pretty good about remembering things, but not this time. I will write myself a post it and put it on my coffee pot so I remember tomorrow.

(Allison D) #17

LOL-
“How’s the coffee?”
“Tastes like chicken.”

I haven’t even tried BPC, so I don’t know if I’ll graduate to bahkbahkkava, but you never know…

(Deborah ) #18

I do add a pinch of salt to my coffee, but never thought of the chicken stock idea. Sometimes the things that sound the weirdest end up tasting pretty good, though. I have my morning coffee with a pinch of salt, 2 drops of iodine solution (per Dr. Berry), sugar free flavored syrup and HWC.

(Carl Keller) #19

Ok, so I tried 1/3 chicken broth with 2/3’s coffee and it was drinkable but I think I enjoy my coffee too much to change it this excessively. I don’t really feel like I am drinking coffee and that’s a huge part of my morning ritual.

(Janelle) #20

There’s this -

Not quite the same but sweet and salty maybe?