Do you eat the fat?

(Alex Peralta) #21

If I know ahead of time sour vide at 125. Dry off, a coat of butter then onto a super hot pan or grill to seer the outside for a few seconds.

(Roxanne) #22

Yes I cut off the fat ā€¦so I can put it in my mouth :joy::grin::yum:

(Karen Parrott) #23

Really depends on my goals for the week/ month. Long term weight maintenance requires me to cycle between maintenance ( higher fat) and a little bit more moderate fat to lose. ( itā€™s my genetic SNPā€™s, donā€™t hate on me)

(Ernest) #24

I eat all of it, then turn to the other plates on the table and eat their fat as well.
Even in my SAD days, I never really trimmed fat off meat.

(Robin Weitzman) #25

I eat all the fat. The fattier, the better. And I like to smother them in more fat. Give me all the fat!

(What The Fast?!) #26

Itā€™s only been 6 weeks and Iā€™m still learning. Donā€™t judge. :sob:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #27

I knew we were keto soul sisters @roxanne, youā€™re crackinā€™ me up!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #28

Youā€™re an inspiration @gardengirlkp and a rock steady supporter for struggling forum members :purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:

(What The Fast?!) #29

Helpful thank you! What ā€œSNPā€™s?ā€

(Dustin Cade) #30

I love that crispy melt in your mouth fat from steaks, we broil ours, serve them extra rare for me, normal rare for everyone elseā€¦ the kids are not as big a fan of the fat as I am, so I take the fat they cut of their steaks and eat itā€¦

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #31

Lol. K

(eat more) #32

i donā€™t eat the fatā€¦not because of fat fear/dietary reasonsā€¦i donā€™t like the mouth feel :neutral_face:

(Adam Kirby) #33

Iā€™m a terrible ketoer but I donā€™t for the most part. I hate the texture of fat, it just grosses me out.

(What The Fast?!) #34

I like the fat charred to a crisp and the meaty part extra rare.

(Jeremy Storie) #35

I eat it all and usually all the fat off of my wife and kids plates :grin:

(Jenn Monaghan) #36

Iā€™m 2 months in and I still have trouble eating the fat. But Iā€™m trying! It has to be crisped up a bit. I canā€™t eat it if itā€™s too squishy.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

Wut.

Banned.

(What The Fast?!) #38

AAAAhahahahhahaha

I cut off the meat and eat the fat. :wink:

No seriously, I eat all the fat, unless it is tough gristle.

(eat more) #40

sweeeeet!