Do not open this if you are in a weak place

68 hours into my first fast. Going so well. I’m traveling, Planning on not eating until I come home.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear?

A Krispy Kreme Drive Through, when locally none are near!

I seriously don’t know if I have the strength.

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Stay strong, those are all media hype. They really taste like pure sugar and nothing else.

I am so thankful sugar was never a weakness of mine. Luckily I love salty and crunchy things. At least I can still have plenty of those on keto.

I did survive, but those things are seriously my weakness. I could eat a dozen in 5 minutes flat.

(Sophie) #4

For some reason they always gave me the worst indigestion!

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #5

Krispy Kremes hold no power over me any longer.
In fact, when I was transiting through Seoul, I ended up getting a coffee from a Krispy Kreme.
No doughnuts for me.

(Jay Patten) #6

Think about necrotic, rotten feet being amputated.

You’re welcome.

Well I didn’t buy any, but I did break my fast. I started feeling really weak and couldn’t stop thinking about food. Luckily I was prepared for this with a cooler full of keto snacks otherwise I probably would have gone back and eaten an entire dozen

I too am a cannibal.

I just ate all the food…:sweat_smile::joy::sweat:

Krispy Kreme feels special to you since you don’t have any locally, but trust me it’s not special. I got one down the street from my house and my stomach churns just looking at the sign when I drive by. Their donuts are way to sweet to be any good and I heard they have a rat problem in that particular one I drive by all the time.

(Ethan) #11

I don’t think I could even stomach it… now I’d go for a mint flurry with peanut butter and marshmallow…

(Tessy M.) #12

My coworkers like to leave me doughnuts, cupcakes and kringle on my desk. I always throw it out, but I can imagine that not going well on weak days.

(Carolus Holman) #13

I got a box of freshly baked cookies to celebrate my recent promotion at work. The cookies were warm when they were delivered ($32 worth). I would have rather had a couple of steaks or a gift certificate. Didn’t interest me in the slightest, I was also 55 hours in to a 72 hour fast. I gave cookies to my co-workers and the rest to my daughters friends. Some people may say I should have dumped them, rather than spreading the poison. Nothing hold me hostage anymore, either in thoughts, or in real life. Sugar / Bread / Starch are all drugs, begging you to just have a little, say no to those urges and the voice gets quieter over time, then eventually your Keto voice emerges telling you what those substances really are to you. POISON.

I’m so proud of you! You’re awesome! Even if you binged in keto cooler stuff you still are way better off than if you ate one donut. You’re so strong, keep it up! I’m tempted all the time by stuff like that (but I’m new to keto) and lucky I haven’t broke yet. We have to take victory in every little thing we resist, it’s a big deal. :slight_smile:

Awesome job resisting!!! You go girl!
I don’t care for donuts or super sweet things, but my weakness is potatoes. Especially mashed potatoes (or roasted, or baked, or any kind really). Yesterday at the Brazilian steakhouse they brought a side of mashed potatoes and put them right in front of me. Normally I would eat those and then all of the neighbors’, but yesterday was different. I didn’t have any, and by the time I had all that gorgeous steak, they were cold and gross. We got this :muscle:

(Bunny) #16

(Missy) #17

I’m actually going to attempt to make some copycat Krispy kremes sometime this week. Lord, give me the strength!

(Jay AM) #18

How nice of them to help you defeat the weakness!

(matt ) #19

Glad donuts and pastries were never my thing. I would eat one (usually a plain dunking donut) with my coffee but that was about it. Sooooooo sweet.

Salt and carbs was what I liked.

Thank you :heart: