Do calories matter?

(Alec) #21

Ooo… careful, you don’t understand the beast that you will unleash… brace yourself…:joy::joy::joy:

(Marianne) #22

As I am here and you are there, I’m afraid you’d only be hurting yourself. :grin:

(Consensus is Politics) #23

Oh not at all. Its self regulating. At the time, I was doing no exercise at all. Unless you count 12 hour marathons of World of Warcraft exercise :woozy_face:

(Alec) #24

The beast ain’t me… it is the 20 or 30 folks on here with big opinions on whether calories matter… let’s see if the fire has been lit again…

(Marianne) #25

Now I am afraid!

(Carl Keller) #26

It took me a month to break this habit but I did manage to cut my pork rind consumption by about 200%.

(Consensus is Politics) #27

:man_facepalming:t2:

(Consensus is Politics) #28

So instead of consuming porkrinds, you are producing as much as you used to consume?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #29

This is a ridiculous amount of water to suggest that someone drink daily. What you’re suggesting is 1 1/2 gallons of water daily. This will only cause constant urination and wash all your electrolytes out of your body. This is double the recommendation for water on a ketogenic diet.

Sorry, I didn’t read the whole thread before posting because it blatantly slapped me in the face. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Christiana) #30

The fastest and best way that I know how to figure out how much my body wants to eat is to go all-meat (at least for a time). I could eat cream cheese, jalapeño poppers, and stuffed mushrooms until I’m so full I’ll burst, but when I’m limiting myself to just meat that plain burger or steak looks really good when I’m hungry and disgusting when I’m not.

To me calories matter. I wasn’t counting the first 6 months on keto and didn’t lose a pound. I was eating around 1800-2200 kcal/day. I had to experiment and see what amount of calories I could eat and lose weight. It’s around 1300 kcal/day and I lose weight every week now, it’s great! I count with carb manager app and I weigh most of my food.

(Carl Keller) #32

@Robert_Johnson I just eat them. I don’t make them.

Don’t snack…you are not letting your body burn fat. You spike insulin as soon as you eat anything. You are insulin resistant and the only way to fix that is not to eat inbetween meals and not to eat too many carbohydrates at your meals. Calories do count at a certain point, but usually after you have lost the weight you want. Are you in ketosis?

I didn’t count calories at the beginning and lost 60 pounds, now that I am trying to lose the last 20 I count calories. Eliminating snacking has helped and I think I am breaking through a 2 month stall.

(Consensus is Politics) #35

Sorry. Was being facetious :sunglasses:. I couldnt help myself when you cut consumption by 200%, that should put you 100% in the negative consumption side, ergo creating them?

I know, I know, the humor is a fail if you have to explain it. :zipper_mouth_face:

(Doug) #36

+1 Hot & Spicy

(Jill F.) #37

Damn pork skins! I am convinced I will give them up, I think I have replaced potato chips with these! They are the devil!

(Marianne) #38

I’ve never had a pork rind. I am going to try some.

(Scott) #39

Dip them in sour cream…running to fridge.

(Carl Keller) #40

I have three kinds available at the stores I shop: Utz (ok), Giant Eagle store brand (kinda blah) and Clancy’s (really good). So not all pork rinds are created equal but at least the ones that are not that great are easier to put down before the bag is gone.