Diving back in!

Last year I allowed myself to get tempted by the carbs after losing 38 pounds rather quickly. I have been meaning to get back on the Keto wagon for 12 months. I have gained back 25 of those 38 pounds. I haven’t felt very good about myself because of that.

So I am recommitting to my Keto lifestyle. I have some weight to lose and keep off. I have some strength to build. And I have a huge reward waiting for me when I reach those goals.

(Alec) #2

Awesome, welcome home! Remember how lovely those keto dishes are?
Cheers
Alec

Thank you! I do love those Keto dishes!

(MooBoom) #4

Welcome back! :blush:

I’m one month returned after falling off the wagon for 4 months. Now feel better than ever! It’s been easier for me second time around- I hope you’ll find the same thing.

Enjoy all the bacon that lies ahead :bacon: xxx

Hi @SheaButter, I’m starting over too. I didn’t just fall off the wagon, I leapt off it, cut the horses free, dragged the wagon to the side of the road and set it on fire. I could make excuses (deaths in the family, illness, stressful personal situations, blah blah), but basically I self-medicated with food, and not the healthy kind.

At the beginning of this year I started on keto and lost a stone in just a couple of months (which is impressive for me) and was thrilled with how easy and comfortable that process was. I’m not a noob at this, having lost a fair bit of weight via LCHF at various times over the decades, though there’s always plenty to keep learning. Now after a couple of months of WTF-ery (and regaining most of that weight, le sigh), I’m rebuilding my wagon and recommitting to taking better care of my health.

Cheers to all the wagon-fallers - we can do it!

I’m hoping I’ll find it easier the second time around too! Have you done anything differently which you feel has contributed to your success this time?

(MooBoom) #7

Yes, definitely made some helpful changes this time around.

To begin with, I stayed well on top of my electrolytes and reduced the impact and severity of the keto flu. Didn’t know anything about that first time around!

I also made a decision to stay away from Keto frankenfoods and have embraced whole ingredients. I’m not trying to recreate my SAD favourites, I’m celebrating and enjoying keto foods for what they are.

I’ve also quit being wary of protein, and now prioritise it until I hit my happy zone of 90-120g, then fill the gaps with low carb veg and fat.

Also very quickly slipped into TMAD which is an easy way to eat (for me).

Lastly, I started an Instagram page devoted to my journey. It helps keep me accountable and I enjoy being surrounded by like minded people. It helps me to eat better too when I see all my meals laid out pictorially- I’m more aware of what I’m eating and when I need to switch it up.

It’s been so easy, I feel amazing! Getting wonderful results too.

(MooBoom) #8

Yes we can! Welcome back to you too xxx

I had great results last time so I am just going with what worked before. I was strict about my carbs and watched my proteins but I went hog wild on the fats. After the Keto Flu kicked my butt the first time around I knew to start drinking my Keto Aid a couple days before I kicked the carbs this time. So far the transition back into Ketosis has been much more pleasant. Thank you for the support!

I’ve never suffered much from keto flu, but I do occasionally struggle with getting my electrolytes right enough to prevent foot cramps - that was my only major side-effect to date. I’ll have to be more rigorous in my preventative supplementation.

Agree with not attempting to recreate SAD favourites! They usually disappoint anyway, and relying on them too much doesn’t allow one to create better eating habits. And I too feel better on slightly higher protein than seems the fashion (or the diktat in certain FB groups I’ve had to step back from, lol).

(Dave) #11

Me too. I lost 21lbs and put all of them back on. Now 6 lbs down, but not finding it easy at all. Life seems like spinning plates sometimes, but I’m here to try and commit alongside others and give and get support, so good luck with implementing your intentions, and here’s hoping for me and mine :smile:

Best of luck to you!!!