Disgusting Keto Habits

(Eve) #5

Eating prices of Kerry Gold… And nothing else, lol. It’ll start with just a little curl, then another, then another… I’ll go back a few times. Then I just say fuck it and finish off a whole tablespoon.

Chicken broth with extra salt. My non-keto roomies think it’s the weirdest.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #6

Cooled bacon nectar, straight from the baking sheet, using my fingers. :slight_smile:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #7

Every. Day.

When I make my butter coffee in the AM, I take one big slice, and cut two large pieces from either side, leaving about a 1/4"x1/4"x1-1/2" piece that is my first calories of the day. Mmmmm.

(Ben) #8

Licking my plate clean

(Jake P) #9

I often dip my bacon in the jar of blue cheese!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #10

When I make this:

I’ve been known to lick the bowl…for sure!

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #11

Dunking pickles in almond butter. Licking my plate clean of egg yolk after fried eggs. Taking a slug of heavy cream from the carton. Stealing the discarded steak fat from my husband’s plate.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #12

Classy people like me rub our fingers round the plate and then lick the finger…

Done those two, but what I really like to do is mix thick full fat Greek Yogurt with Extra thick double cream or even clotted cream. There is something about the sharpness of the yogurt which allows you to mainline the cream for longer before starting to feel queasy…
(also wrote about this in another thread. Someone was shocked I used the word “disgusting” - I hereby apologise and withdraw it. I clearly under-estimated my audience… :wink: )

(Barbara Greenwood) #13

Your comment on that thread inspired this thread. Be proud :slight_smile:

Yep, I do this too, except I do it for everyone in my family!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #15

10 second rule becomes two minute rule

Scraping “meat caramel” from a cast iron pan with a metal spatula and then chiseling it off with my teeth

Walking past a cold pan of bacon grease and taking a fingerful as I walk by

Eating raw meat
Eating Raw beef heart
Saveche beef heart
Rare beef heart

Eating insects and cricket flour

(Stickin' with mammoth) #16

There’s really nothing I find disgusting about keto. I just wish I could have been a better person sooner.

@Brenda almost won with her list, but after this, @Aqua_chonk gets my vote! :grin:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #18

FTFY… :smiley:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #19

Baconaise spread on my bacon
Cutting the fat rind off the steak and only eating that for dinner leaving the steak center for the Hubby… I could do this almost every night…

Eating cold jellified bone broth, like it’s Jello. Including the solidified fat layer at the top.

(Eve) #21

Haha, I did this to my sister the other day. I wasn’t even eating the same thing as them but I saw her cut the fat off and I was like, “You gonna eat that?” She begrudgingly gave it to me because she thought it was so gross.

I really want to try this soon. Someone showed me a good tortilla recipe.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #22

[quote=“Fiorella, post:20, topic:8726”]
Including the solidified fat layer
[/quote] Luv that you leave the fat layer on. Too many show broth pics without the fat lay, it makes me sad they’ll miss out on the beautiful fat floating on the broth surface :cry::pensive::astonished:

Exactly. That fat layer is incredibly flavourful. Especially if there were herbs and spices boiling in the broth. It picks up all the oils from the herbs/spices. I love it!!!

(Tom) #24

If you haven’t added cumin to your broth, you’re missing out.