Disgusting Keto Habits

(Eve) #21

Haha, I did this to my sister the other day. I wasn’t even eating the same thing as them but I saw her cut the fat off and I was like, “You gonna eat that?” She begrudgingly gave it to me because she thought it was so gross.

I really want to try this soon. Someone showed me a good tortilla recipe.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #22

[quote=“Fiorella, post:20, topic:8726”]
Including the solidified fat layer
[/quote] Luv that you leave the fat layer on. Too many show broth pics without the fat lay, it makes me sad they’ll miss out on the beautiful fat floating on the broth surface :cry::pensive::astonished:

Exactly. That fat layer is incredibly flavourful. Especially if there were herbs and spices boiling in the broth. It picks up all the oils from the herbs/spices. I love it!!!

(Tom) #24

If you haven’t added cumin to your broth, you’re missing out.

Drinking the meat drippings from the plate after the steak rests.

(David) #26

I’ve had extra thick double cream, with some syrupy (non-sugar) cake flavouring in it, and it was a nice yoghurt substitute one night when I was craving something sweet.

(Ritchie Linden) #27

wiping my parma ham in salted butter straight from the tub with my fingers

(Barbara Greenwood) #28

Some of you are further along the keto road than me. It took me a couple of months to get to flying in lard.

(Michelle) #29

I do hope this is frying in lard. I am not sure I’ll ever be able to fly on my own, much less in lard. :smile: :airplane:

(Barbara Greenwood) #30

Unfortunately, keto has improved my fat body somewhat, but not yet my fat fingers!

(Cathy) #31

I lick my plate clean too if no one is watching… People who don’t do or understand keto think adding oils to coffee is disgusting so I will list that too. I love a nice fatty coffee. Call me disgusting!! LOL

(Jo Lo) #32

Yes, shamelessly licking the plate clean (at least at home). Never did that when I ate carby meals.

One night we had a blind friend at dinner, at the far side of the table from me. We had steak so I licked the plate. So she asks “Did you just lick your plate?”.

Busted, by someone with no vision but pretty good hearing!

(Marie) #33

Most have already been pointed out, but:

Spoonfuls of Kerrygold
Cutting the fat off of my ribeye so I can enjoy it first
Drinking swigs of heavy cream right from the container
Melting butter on ribeye
Eating bacon grease with my finger
Whipped cream in a bowl like pudding
Eating individual Costco cream cheeses with a spoon
Fried chicken skin (wish I could buy just the skin)

Haha when I was a kid I used to ask my parents if I could eat their fat (which they surgically cut off their steaks); they would give it to me with a laugh; it amused them. I have always loved fat - the taste, the mouth feel, everything about it - its in my genes!

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #34

My wife gets upset when I try to lick the plate when we eat out!

Putting salt on the butter in a restaurant and eating it with a spoon.

(Ian Stavert) #35

When I first saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of eating yoghurt by the spoonful right out of the pot - I justify that by saying I live alone and no-one else will get my germs! But I also lick the dish, wipe up any spilt egg yolk off my plate and drink any remaining liquid out of bowls of whatever, being it left over mayonnaise, etc.

(Roxanne) #36

Try creme fraiche -it’s basically Greek yogurt with 35% fat…add a few berries and it is heaven. [quote=“Mike_W_Ellwood, post:12, topic:8726”]
There is something about the sharpness of the yogurt which allows you to mainline the cream for longer before starting to feel queasy…
[/quote]

(Roxanne) #37

Using 90% chocolate to scoop up coconut oil.

(Barbara Greenwood) #38

I just got caught by my husband swigging cream from the container. I was only finishing off the last little dribble. Honest.

He said it looked like several mouthfuls…

(roxanna) #39

Why do they not just sell the skin?!?!?!!? One year my sister’s in-laws threw away the turkey skin on Thanksgiving and I threw a fit.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #40

Ah yes. Actually recently discovered creme fraiche, thanks to a posting here about how to make soured cream at home. It’s great stuff. The supermarket own-brand that I’ve been buying is actually also referred to as “soured cream” in smaller writing on the side. It has great fat content, and suitably low carb and protein content.

Because I like the texture and “mouth feel” of Greek Yogurt so much, I’ve actually been mixing the two, and risking the slightly greater carb content somewhat.