Discovered the perfect Mcdonald's keto meal

(Zenjen) #1

Heey!

Maybe some off you already know that you can get a keto friendly food in mcdonald’s, but i’m writting this for people like me who had been avoiding this fast food place for a long time because we’ve been thaught that everything that comes from mcdonald’s is making us fat. I’m not 100% sure if that meal which i discovered is a healthy choice even if the meal doesn’t have carbs in it and is brought to us from local farms (here in Slovenia), but i’m sure that it doesn’t make us fat. I can tell this from my experiences. I ate in mcdonald’s 3 times in one month (when i was out with my friends), and i didn’t gain any weight at all (i weigh every day, so i know, when i eat wrong or too much).
So, the meals i ordered are: Chicken caesars grilled salad (5,5 g carbs) with caesars dressing (3 g carbs), chicken legs (3 g carb) and mayo.
I know that some off you eat less than 10 g of carbs a day, so maybe the salad with dressing isn’t a good choice for you, but for me it’s good because i eat from 12g-20g a day.

I just wanted to tell this ‘‘discovery’’ to you, because i got so excited when i discovered that i can eat with my friends in a fast food restaurant and still eat keto.

(bulkbiker) #2

You can eat the burgers too just dump the bun and fries… in some places you can even order the burger without the bun and you get a knife and fork to eat it with (you do here in the UK). Not sure about Slovenia but maybe ask next time you are in McD’s.

(Mike W.) #3

My perfect McDonald’s breakfast.

@Zenjen thanks for the tip! I’m always looking for keto friendly fast food. :+1:

(bulkbiker) #5

Now I almost miss breakfast!

(Mike W.) #6

It’s a rareity for sure but it’s good to have options.

@MiKetoAF I’ve often ordered the Sausage Egg-McMuffin and asked them to hold the cheese. This way I know I’m getting a fresh sandwich, and they always put the cheese against the muffin, so it just sticks to the bread with I remove it. I’ve never thought about ordering this. :+1:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you even order this? I mean, how do you explain it so they understand what you’re saying? :man_shrugging:

(Ashley) #8

I just say a sausage egg McMuffin with no bun. My local McDonald’s will do a ala cart thing for me since it’s cheaper. Also usually their McMuffin are buy one get one free on their app.

Good tip. Thanks!

(Mike W.) #10

Regarding the cheese. Either order it “on the side” or ask for it to be between the sausage and egg. Anyway you order it, sans muffin or not, your getting a muffin and you’ll just have to bin it :joy:
PS ordering a la carte 2 eggs, 4 sausage, and 2 cheese is almost $6 more. Makes ZERO sense to me.

So, two Sausage McMuffins, cheese on the side, add two sausage patties?

I always get so nervous ordering fast food. Just when I think they can’t screw up THIS order, they show me the 5,634th way they can screw it up. :grin:

(Ashley) #12

Mine does their ala cart different and it saves me money, they never charge me for cheese, and every McDonald’s I’ve gone to never gives me the bun, maybe I’m lucky? Lol. Also could be cheaper too because I use the app and save money that way

(Vladaar Malane) #13

I actually don’t like the taste of McDonald’s food, but if in a pinch a double quarter with cheese without the bun and they will put in a plastic container and give you a spork for it.

(Ashley) #14

Yep usually they put it on lettuce for me.

(Mike W.) #15

Yup!

(Mike W.) #16

I was told that prices can vary between franchises.

(Ashley) #17

Pretty sure the main one I go to is more privately owned so it could be that!

(Zenjen) #18

i will ask next time i’ll eat there :blush: thank you

(Becky) #19

I understand your hesitation. I’ve memorized my order, and am prepared to say it ONCE, patiently, let them say it back with doubt and only then, if needed, repeat it, the exact same way.

I’ve found it helps to say it exactly the SAME way each time and watch the drivethru screen for prices. It will display the confusion, but a pause and a smile in my voice when repeating it the same way, clears it up 99% of the time.

Here are some of my usual orders

1 quarter pound beef patty.
Just the meat, please. (1.50) (If it says 4.00 or so, they entered the sandwich, don’t correct it…yet…they are finding the proper button…pause)

2 regular beef patties. (.89 ea)

If there is a special:
2 mcdoubles, no bun please. (Pause for doubtful reply and confirm’ no bun ’ on drive thru screen)
Yes, no bun, no ketchup, (will still have pickle)
Or
(Plain, nothing on it, just the meat please)

Breakfast Specials:
2 sausage mcgriddles
No bread (pause)
Just the meat, egg and cheese
Or more expensive, but yummy:
1 sausage patty
1 round egg
1 Canadian bacon
White cheddar cheese

(Michelle isaacson) #20

This made me LOL we must be kindred Spirits! My meals are always messed up everywhere!! I resturaunt, fast food, the grocery store! AND it is ONLY mine! It has become a running joke with my family! :slight_smile:

What did you NOT eat today?