Different GI effects from different MCT oil brands?

(KB) #1

So I’m used to having a nice BM around the time I have my fatty coffee (1TBSP of MCT) in the morning. I am using a new brand of MCT and don’t get the same effect with 2TBSP of this doesn’t brand. Why do you think this is??

(Joe Schuyler) #2

Are these oils or powders? If they are oils: Have they been emulsified, or just a standard oil?

(Mark Rhodes) #3

C6 is slightly more, err, combustible. At anyrate the percentages of the 2 or three oils would be one major factor.

(Allie) #4

Not all brands are equal qualities.

(KB) #5

Oil

(Joe Schuyler) #6

So, this leads to a few questions.

• Let’s take the above from @Shortstuff into consideration. What are the two brands that you have?
  • How long have you used each of them?

As all of us that use MCT oil have experienced, there were probably some GI issues when we started using it. It’s quite possible that you have built up a tolerance to the stuff. Even though this might be the case, we still need to remember that everyone reacts to everything differently; n=1. I might react the same way to 1 teaspoon of MCT oil, while you can handle your 1tbsp.

My suggestion for you would be to track some experiments. Something like this:

• Keep track of your bodily reactions of 1tbsp of MCTs in your coffee for the next four weeks. For the next four weeks, do the same thing, but swap the MCT oils to the new brand and see how you react.