Dietitians exposing their ignorance on Diabetes

(Richard Morris) #1

I gave her some advice … I bet she doesn’t take it

https://www.facebook.com/gabbymaston/posts/1125407437604863?comment_id=1126575460821394&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R3"}

(eat more) #2

i think she exposed her overall ignorance…

And she has the gonads to end her mindless spew with “… rather than get stuck on ideals and misconceptions”…:unamused:

(Richard Morris) #4

yeah she’s very much out over hew own skiis on this.

She also claimed that diet can’t affect depression … so I showed her the science … wanna bet she blocks me for being a troll.

https://www.facebook.com/gabbymaston/posts/1126331624179111?comment_id=1126566734155600&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R"}

A diet with “…healthy fats, lean proteins…” :laughing:

According to this infinite wisdom:

Fatty protein = bad

Fats + lean protein = good

Geeeeeeez…:unamused:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #6

Hahahahahaha! I think it’s pronounced “alternative facts.”

(Stickin' with mammoth) #7

Hmmm, methinks the lady doth protest too much. A lot of people make denial of their own experience an art. I’m going to give you my mother’s phone number…

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

She stepped all over her own feet.

She states that “obesity and diet are tied directly to poverty and class”.
And then she states that “we live in an environment where food is plentiful. Half the issue is we all overeat”

So only the poor get fat while we all over eat? How can that be so?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #9

Taubes goes into that nicely. When I first heard him tear the old logic asunder, I remember actually pausing what I was doing, going all wide-eyed, and saying, “Holy fuck!” to an empty room in appreciation and amazement.

(Jamie Hayes) #10

Most dietitians today are struggling for air and relevance.

They are addicted to their own ‘religious-like’ dogma, and want to portray themselves as the owners of dietary science.

They wish to complicate and conflate issues publicly, with their answer to see a dietitian for a personal dietary process. Then, if you have diabetes or pre-diabetes you’re in trouble seeing one, unless you’re lucky enough to meet one of the growing list who have figured out that “diabetes and pre-diabetes are conditions whose cause includes decades of excess carbohydrate and the treatment must include carbohydrate restriction below each person’s tolerance”.

Luckily some take a moral stance and the scientific curiosity to see “What actually works?”

(Foti Panagakos) #11

Wow…just joined and this is the first post I am reading (except for the crustless quiche recipe you guys talked about on the last show). This person sure is showing her ignorance on the whole topic.

(Keto in Katy) #12

Let me see if I have this straight.

Our socioeconomic status determines how we metabolize macronutrients?

Yes, it consults with your mutual funds managers, revises your bank accounts, takes into consideration how big of a mortgage you have, and then sends a signal to your mitochondria.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #14

Hahahahaha! I get a little queasy whenever I have to pay credit card bills but I think that’s something different.

(Karen Fricke) #15

It may be true that poorer people are more likely to have diabetes and/or be obese, could it be that they eat more processed food and less nutrient dense food?

(Patrick B.) #16

Well yeah… They eat cheap food… and the worst food seems to be the cheapest at the checkout.

(Ross Daniel) #17

You may be onto something here… :wink:

(Marc) #18

Sorry, saw this…
Rich kids more likely to get diabetes…

(Arlene) #19

Type 1 is autoimmune. You really can’t compare this to type 2. Totally different causes.

(Richard Morris) #20

True. Although we both have broken mechanisms for lowering high glucose, we all have functioning methods to raise low glucose (by making it in our livers) so as long as we can make or inject enough insulin a ketogenic diet helps both of us avoid the symptoms of out of control blood glucose.