Diet Pop

I wish I could just get a definite answer on sucralose. It’s in the drops I use for my hot cocoa since I don’t enjoy Stevia in cocoa (Stevia is great for tea though).

I have read some papers which highlight they are not toxic. I can’t really find sources saying it affects the guy biome. However many in the keto world say it is toxic.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #42

But what about the gal biome? :grin::grin:

(Sorry; couldn’t resist.)

Ahahaha. Couldn’t find any sources saying it affects the gal biome either. :sweat_smile:

(Kirk Wolak) #44

Yeah, the real challenge is that the person who should FUND the research, won’t.
The Universities should then do it, but they are too busy being hired by industry.
My approach would be a 10% drug tax, that is used EXCLUSIVELY to create a pool of money to find alternatives to drugs.

The same thing SHOULD happen for food additives/artificial sweeteners/flavors/colors, etc.
Take a small amount of their profits annually, and then assign researches to actually research them.

But we are SO FAR away from that, it’s not worth the conversation. LOL

Next, I think it depends on the person. If you are insulin resistant, I truly believe that ANYTHING sweet can maintain that for you. Regardless of what it does to a BOMB calorimeter!

Finally, I tricked someone and asked them how much weight would someone gain if they eat 1,000 extra calories of raw kidney beans/day for 30 days… (of course it takes about 3 raw kidney beans to kill an adult, but it makes the point that we are FAR MORE COMPLEX than a BOMB Calorimeter… Which handle the same amount of Kidney beans just fine!)

So, what it does in OUR body is the critical piece!