Did you throw out your toaster?

Just curious if anyone has decided to get rid of their toaster? Obviously if you live with non-ketoers then you probably can’t, but if you live alone or if your household is fully Keto, have you ever looked at it and wondered why it’s still taking up space on your counter? I guess it would be good for re-heating frozen Keto Pancakes…but other than that?

• I threw out my toaster.
  • I still have my toaster.
  • I am thinking about getting rid of it.
  • I want to get rid of it but can’t.

0 voters

(Allie) #2

I’ve never had one to throw out.

I never even considered that as an option, oops!

I kept it for a while so hubby could still use it, then it went in the trash becuase it was old and nasty. We never bought another one for some reason. :thinking:

Well, I’m an idiot. I chose the wrong answer on my own dang poll. Should have picked “want to get rid of it”. But I paid good money for it, darn it!

I know, I always think about how much money I spent too. Sell it at a yard sale? Donate it?

Oh, I would totally donate it if I got rid of it. I’m all about keeping stuff out of landfills.

I can’t even remember the last time I used it, yet there it sits. :grinning:

(Jody) #8

I have one of those toaster ovens, soooo, it’s still useful.

(Scott) #9

I saved it for guests and the off chance I ever make keto bread. It is stored in the upper cabinet.

(John) #10

Wife uses it.

My regular toaster broke long before I went keto, but I do have a toaster oven that I used to make toast before, but now I still use it for little things that don’t necessarily require the big ol’ oven to cook.

Haven’t tried it myself but have seen lots of comments about how great Fathead Keto Coconut-flour Bagels toast up in a regular toaster…maybe you’ll find a use for it.

That’s what I keep telling myself. Because I just know that as soon as I get rid of it, I’m going to NEED it for something.

(Mame) #14

i kept it but it’s not taking up counter space!

(Khara) #15

So ours got put away in the cabinet a few years ago, first time keto. Didn’t want to get rid of it in case guests wanted it. Then after more than a year, maybe two, it got brought back out, for company. And, it stayed out cause my SO isn’t keto. So, now it’s taking up room on the counter again. And leaving a pile of crumbs again. Sigh.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #16

Not only did I not throw it out, I bought my wife a very nice Breville one for the holidays. She loves it. I had to get the nice one, because I will occasionally make artisan sourdough breads, and she will want to toast them.

I am keto-adjacent. Wife is not. :frowning:

Will you adopt me?

I have a toaster which I never got to use. Now I’ll have to find recipes for gluten free toaster friendly bread, so my daughter can enjoy at least a little. Sourdough bread might be an alternative, apparently some people with undefined gluten sensitivity can still eat soutdough bread. Would be worth trying, I think.

The thing I learned I can totally do without is a microwave. When I moved to Washington for a travel job, I kept looking for a cheap used on on FB and after a few weeks gave it up because I just didn’t need it. Anything a microwave could do, I could do as well if not better with a stove. Leftovers fare much better that way for sure! We have one now and I use it because it’s there, but definitely not needed.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #20

90 second mug bread toasts up nicely in a toaster. I gave mine to my son’s mom and now we’re all keto and I don’t think they use it anymore. I have a countertop convention oven that will toast bread but I never use it for that. Usually I Butter keto bread and fry it in an egg pan like grilled cheese, butter on both sides please! :cowboy_hat_face: