Did I break my fast with this chicken broth?

(aka Darius) #1

Hey guys. So I am doing an extended 10 to 15 day Fast and I am on day 4 right now. This morning I had some bad gag reflexes, headache and stomach ache. Felt fxcking miserable. So that’s why I went out and bought this Chicken broth since I heard it helps. It did help a LOT!

PS: It’s an european label so the carbs already have substracted fiber.

I am doing this for autophagy (loose skin fix) and most importantly weight loss.

I have had 2 cups of this broth. Around 2 teaspoons mixed with hot water.
I am scared I broke my fast (the autophagy side of it not weight loss).
The package says 5kcal per cup so I had 2, which means 10kcalories total.

So is it safe or did I mess up?

If I did mess up, how long till it’s out of my system and autophagy kicks back in?

Thank you in advance for the replies guys.

(Omar) #3

I am having difficulty including the link

(aka Darius) #4

Sorry I don’t understand Omar.

(Omar) #5

sorry

Last post I had some difficulty with Samsung browser

I switched to chrome browser

at minute 4 Dr Berg is talking about bone broth

I think if bone broth is OK chicken broth must be OK

(aka Darius) #6

Ah gotcha. Seems fine-ish. I was asking for this specific broth I used if it’s bad or not. I got a general idea though from Dr. Bergs video. How long do you think it will take to get back in autophagy?

(Omar) #7

I am not expert in autophagy

But I really do not believe in ingesting anything while fasting.

all the fasting I done are with zero intake other than salt magnesium and potassium

no tea no coffee no bone broth and no HWC

I have no idea of how to know or feel if I am in autophagy mode but I got considerable improvement to my skin after three days of fasting which could mean that I was in autophagy.

(bulkbiker) #8

No-one knows… the study of autophagy is in its infancy.
Anyone who says they do know is talking [spoiler]bullshit[/spoiler]… I haven’t watched the vid as I have an allergy to Dr Berg…

(Omar) #9

nobody claimed to know about autophagy

Dr Berg does not talk about autophagy

Dr Berg talk in the video about which food is OK while IF

I mentioned in my previous post that I have no clue if I am in autophagy mode or not.

so nobody claimed any knowledge in autophagy including Dr Berg

your comments has no basis

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #10

I have been studying autophagy in scientific literature as I am hoping to use it to help manage my autoimmune. While they don’t have exact answers on everything, all indications are that if you consume even a tiny bit of protein autophagy shuts down. They don’t have an answer as to how quickly it will restart after consuming small amounts but they do know that it activates MTor, which turns off autophagy. Much of the literature is still hypothetical as it is not completely understood.

In my opinion if you are going for autophagy your best bet is water only or salt water.

(bulkbiker) #11

My reply was to the OP…

(Diane) #12

I have seen it suggested by the folks at IDM (Intensive Dietary Management- Dr. Jason Fung’s group), that if you are already in ketosis, you may enter a state of autophagy within 24 - 36 hours. In fact most of the therapeutic fasting they recommend is for 36 hours fasts done VERY regularly (3 times per week). Their patients are reported to have fantastic health benefits on this type of regimen.

(David Cooke) #13

Doesn’t it depend on whether you’re fasting primarily to lose weight OR for health reasons? I no longer care about autophagy but do care about glucose and other levels…

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #14

Yes the specific question of the OP was in regards to autophagy and weight loss. I was just answering about autophagy. Broth will probably not affect weight loss.