Deficit issues?

(Justin Cain Hoffman ) #1

I have been IF 20-24hrs between meals lately with great success, I think? I have outstanding energy, love to excercise/lift fasted, body feels great! BUT, when it comes to eating, I find myself so full that I can’t reach my daily caloric requirements maintenance. I don’t mind the fatloss, but afraid to lose lean muscle mass! My lack of hunger has cut me off @1200 calories several times , and I require around 2k-2400~ish depending on excercise. Just NOT hungry! Any advice would be appreciated!
KETO DAY 28
42yrs
163lbs (down 9lbs, 5" off waist…go keto :grinning:)
BF 25%
FM 41lbs
LM 124lbs
I read eat when you’re hungry, don’t eat when you’re not… should I just KCKO?

(Brad) #2

I was wondering the same thing! I’m two months in and I eat once a day during a three hour window. I have myfitnesspal set to 1600 calories but like you my body is telling me its completely full at around 1200. I do have hungry days, usually on a weekend where I will eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and consume 1800-2000cal, but the next day I’m not hungry until dinner and its back to one meal a day. I exercise daily and have lost 25lbs and dropped three notches on my belt. I do worry about losing lean muscle mass.

(Justin Cain Hoffman ) #3

Excellent progress my friend! I’m still VERY new at this and not sure how we adjust… It is a miserable moment to try to meet requirements
While shoveling food​:joy::thinking::astonished:

(Troy) #4

Another thought
Change up to a different eating window

For example:
I’m experimenting w OMAD and then switching it up to 2MAD
I’m also upping my overall food intake. Adding more calories w more fat😄

Today, I had about 1100cal on meal one. Meal 2 was close to 1200cal about 2.5 hours later. Close to 80% now for fat
My body was “ expecting “ to eat just OMAD. Nope!
Lol. Changed it up
Tomorrow ( so far ) I will have OMAD…

I did this before. This allowed me to eat more … on the OMAD

So understand what you said about only getting to 1200cal

We all have different bodies
The above helped me
Others may have or get different results

It worked for me🙂

(Justin Cain Hoffman ) #5

Is it possible that changing your eating times boosts the metabolism like changing your excercise patterns, keeping the body guessing?

(Ethan) #6

I’ve heard it suggested before (need science) that you may absorb more of a particular meal when eating fewer times a day