Deeper State Keto (90 Day Cut) - My Journey!

(What The Fast?!) #124

Girl…This. Is. Everything. This sums everything up for me. Do I look okay? Sure. Do I look like the effort I’m putting in? Definitely not.

(What The Fast?!) #125

Hi there! It’s been a month or so, what did you end up doing? Did you take a break from exercising?

(Adam Kirby) #126

I definitely think a chronic stressor can completely and utterly stop weight loss. If you’ve tried everything else why not try stopping ALL exercise for at least a month?

(What The Fast?!) #127

I did that last year and gained weight.

(Edith) #128

Well, I had a freak accident and couldn’t exercise for three weeks and I had taken a two week break before that, so five weeks off. And… No,
I did not start magically losing weight. :rage:

I’ve also started having heart palpitations lately and I’m tired of playing with my electrolytes, so I’m upping my carbs (more veggies and some fruit) to see if that helps with the palpitations.

Finally, I’m giving what @skinnyjeans13 has done to break her stall a try and giving up nuts.
I already don’t eat dairy due to allergy.

It’s a lot of changes, but I mostly care about the palpitations. If any weight changes occur for the better, I shall gladly shout it to the rooftops. :crossed_fingers:t2:

(What The Fast?!) #129

Well, at least we figured that out. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry about the palpitations! That could too little potassium or too much potassium right? I talked to Ken Berry and he said you can safely supplement 3000mg of potassium if you’re working out consistently/sweating a lot. I do about 1500-2000mg a day and that seems to stave off the cramps.

Re: nuts…yeah, I eat up to one ounce of nuts a day, so I’m not terribly concerned about it. They’re so high in calories that I literally eat about a quarter ounce at a time so I don’t waste macros on something that doesn’t fill me up!

What freak accident?!?!

(Edith) #130

Well… a brass lid, about 4 or 5 inches in diameter from a sewer clean out, shot out of a commercial lawn mower and hit me in the leg just above my knee. It took out a good chunk of skin. I needed stiches and had to wait for things to heal. I think the impact also knocked my knee a little out of alignment, but a few trips to the chiropractor helped with that.

See, freak accident. It needs no embellishments.

I just started easing back to exercise last week. Thanks for the potassium tip. Maybe I shall try upping the quantity of supplementation if a few extra carbs don’t help.

(KCKO, KCFO) #131

Hope you are healing well. That sounds terrible.

Check on the potassium in your added veggies, that is something that is a fine balance.
In my case it was too little magnesium, then way too much. I had to cut out supplementation and gradually add 200 mg. a day in over a few days. It takes a lot for me, but I had over done it and paid the price, I had gone way too far over the line, but the cut back and slowly adding it back seems to be working for me. If I happen to be eating a lot of mag. heavy veggies, I cut back on the supplements for a few days.

(What The Fast?!) #132

I eat around 10g total carbs now, so very few veggies - usually 2-4oz of spinach or a cauliflower pizza but that’s it. I don’t mess around with vegetables anymore…they do not like me. :slight_smile:

(back and doublin' down) #133

me either! Especially raw. has pushed me towards something almost carnivore.

(KCKO, KCFO) #134

Are you still working through the protocol for reintroducing food stuffs, based on your tolerance test. Or you still limited to the few items that don’t cause you issues?

I have come across some references to how certain veggies, keto ones mostly, need to be cooked to release the nutrients. Did the nutritionist you are working with mention anything about that to you?

(What The Fast?!) #135

Yeah we tried raw vs cooked stuff. I didn’t notice a huge difference either way, but I DO think I bloat more with raw, so I don’t eat many raw veggies. The only time I stray from spinach, cucumber, and cauliflower pizza crust is if we’re in a restaurant and they have an amazing looking side like sauteed mushrooms or brussel sprouts with bacon.
In terms of testing foods, I added back all the proteins (eggs, beef, chicken, etc) and some dairy stuff, and all seems fine. I don’t eat butter very often, I swap in olive oil as much as I can. I :poop: every day (or at least 5 out 7 days) and the only thing I haven’t added back in is avocado. That was highest on the list, so I assume that was the problem. I could try testing it but I just haven’t yet. I also LOVE avocado, so it’s easier to just not have ANY than to only have a little, you know?
I also leave out lettuce, but eat it on occasion (like if we are traveling and grab a burger wrapped in lettuce). I also added probiotics - I’ve done probiotics before, but it always stopped working after a couple days…so I decided to try an experiment (you know I love experiments). My experiment was to buy 2-3 different types of probiotics and rotate them through daily. One day I take a 60 billion, the next a 100 billion, the next a 90 billion. I also eat kim chi or sauerkraut every few days. SOOOOO to be honest, I don’t know if it was the avocado causing the problem or not; it could just be the probiotic rotation. Regardless, I’m no longer having weekly crying sessions in the toilet, so I’m just going to keep doing it all. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #136

Take your progress where you find it, good for you.

I’d have a hard time giving up avocados. Good you were able to add in good proteins without issues.

(What The Fast?!) #137

I didn’t have a choice. I miss them a LOT but I don’t miss the pain of only having one :poop: a week and battling it every single time.

(Katie Mc Lean) #138

IF you did not have success and especially as a woman I HIGHLY suggest checking out emilyschromm.com and trying her 21 day challenges… a lot on macros, womens carb and fat intake…still very high fat but not quite keto…but for athletic women it is a must.

(KCKO, KCFO) #139

@KetoLikeaLady hasn’t been around much lately. I hope she sees these posts and checks in with us.

(Katie) #140

If I remember correctly, in his Fat for Weight Loss podcast, the host mentioned that the Maffetone method is good for bettering run times, but it did not aid his weight loss; in fact he gained weight while training for a race. I could be remembering that wrong though.