Deep Fried Pork Belly!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

There are some fantastic recipes for pork belly out there that I definately want to try, such as sweet crispy glazes. This went right into my deep fryer filled with home rendered pork lard, at 365* for less than 5 minutes. They were tasty, crispy and delicious. I ate them plain with salt. A sweet glaze drizzled over the top would make these heavenly. I may fashion a bit today for the leftovers.

What are “left overs” of pork belly?

(Guardian of the bacon) #3

Those are the bits you don’t eat, sometimes thought to be mythical creatures.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #4

@Pilotbob
With sweet strawberry/tamari sauce

I made the sauce with sugar free strawberry jam and tamari sauce (also sugar free).

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #5

So frustrated I’m out of likes today because this string deserves :blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart::gift_heart::revolving_hearts::heart_decoration::heart::cupid::heartbeat::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heartpulse:

(Kathy L) #6

Out of likes?? They are limited? Or am I missing something??

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #7

Yes @Lueloff so I can’t like that you asked :blue_heart::green_heart:! I found two strings that were looooong and I used them up. Here’s an explanation

Hey, @Brenda. Ever tried them dusted with smoked paprika?

Sometimes I wish I was Floyd. Does he get samples?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

Oh HELL yes. Whatever he wants!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

NO @Fiorella
But I will now!

(brian) #12

Made the same thing for Super Bowl. Needed lime and hot sauce. Great minds :yum:

(Andrew Anderson) #13

Yum! I accidentally got slices of pork belly, every recipe I find involves sugar. Any suggestions?

(brian) #14

Yeah pretty much have to make things from scratch to know the sugar content. I used this video to get started.

Not as good as La Gran Parada restaurant in Providence, RI they have awesome chicarrrones

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #15

There are several recipes for sweet but carb free/low carb pork belly in this forum!

(Christian Ross) #16

For those of you in SF Bay area, the best ''Chicharron" are at La Palma in the Mission. I could live on these alone…

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjSmYCPkoLSAhVjxlQKHTIuBjoQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lapalmasf.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFhflcvEOgvKJ6QA4acJdhoUzhVvQ