December IF/EF chat - all welcome!

(KCKO, KCFO) #277

Did the Zornfast, went 90 hrs. did some refeeding on Sunday and Monday. I am IFing and feeling good, if this continues I might just slide into a 36 hr. fast or atleast a 24 hr. one.

I got back down to my 2nd goal weight I had set for myself. But after the refeeding I am 2.8 lbs. over that, so want to start back into fasting. I’d love to reset my setpoint to my 2nd goal weight. It puts me more center of the range for normal for someone my height. Still trying find that Phinney weight point!

(Liz ) #278

I have been lower carb since 2003 when I was 260 and lost 60 pounds on Atkins but could not get all the way to goal because I did not know about insulin resistance. I went up and down in weight over the years but the highest was only 220. Then I went full keto in March 2017 at about 210 pounds. I’m 5’8" and 48 years old. I lose slowly, maybe 5 pounds a month tops, some months nothing, but my body changed shape dramatically.

I have food addiction issues so I’m happily VERY strict keto, log everything, never stray. But now I’m at a point where I don’t seem to be able to budge the scale if I don’t EF. I’m not even sure what I should weigh! I have a slender frame. Aiming for 150 but will reassess as needed along the way.

(Dawn) #279

WOW!! @LizinLowell We are so similiar. My starting weight was a little higher at 271. Took over a year to get down to 210. I am 44. Started EF and got all the way down to 201, but now I am back up around 215, due to my experiments. I have been pretty strict keto, not even allowing keto treats or artificial sweeteners. I am thinking that I will probably take 2-3 years also to get to my goal weight. I am so impressed to see that you got down to 170. That is simply amazing. Thanks for the constant inspiration and motivation. Please let me know when it’s time to move over to the January IF/EF thread

(KCKO, KCFO) #280

Didn’t make it to 24 hrs. But I had a good IF for the day, 17 hrs. After dinner tonight I will try to start another 36 hr. fast. There is something about the 24 hr. ones that I seem to have a mental problem with, guess I prefer to just think about going longer more than hanging in for 24 hrs.???

Always something new to learn about fasting.

(Donna ) #281

Did 120 hour fast right before Christmas, ending on the eve of Christmas Eve. Got to a new low of 166.6 lbs. Woot woot! I hope to not see the 170’s again.

I’m sitting at 168.8 lbs the day after Christmas, trying to decide what or if to eat today. I’ve fasted 19 hours since last night. I’ll probably eat 19:5 for a couple of days before going back into another EF.

(Leigh Thomas) #282

Did my first full day fast last week which turned out to be 44 hours. I think my stomach was a little confused as to why it wasn’t getting any food. Never felt to hungry during the whole period. Dropped 2 kg as a result of it and have maintained the weight loss.

I plan to do another this week.

(Leigh Thomas) #283

You probably just want to stick to 20/4 hour fasting until you know can handle that.

I found it can be a real mind game to get through the first 24 hours.

I’m back on board for the last three working days of the year. 12/27, 12/28, and 12/29 will all be warrior fasts.

(sue) #285

here’s my end of December update!

i am back down, and a little bit under my weight prior to my vacation :slight_smile:

i am excited for life to return to “normal” after new years where there’ll be less festivities and parties and restaurant outings.

(Liz ) #286

Hey fasting friends! I’m coasting through the end of this month/year & will try to figure out where my next 3-day fast fits in during January. See you all in 2018! :tada:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #287

I started a 36 hour fast last night at 1800 hrs. I’m going to fast into the new year!!! It helps that I have to work all three days.

(Michael ) #288

Technically so did i, but not sure if I’ll eat later today and ruin it. I hit the gym really hard last few days and might want to continue protein intake through weekend

(Marie Dantoni) #289

Well just to wrap up '17, I actually gained 2 lbs on a 70 hour fast this month (if scales can be trusted). So tonight after dinner I plan on starting again…maybe better luck in’18.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #290

Scales CANNOT be trusted. No one gains 2 pounds of fat in 3 days.

FUCK THE SCALE

Try upping your salt next fast. Your body was holding onto fluid to balance your available sodium. All confusing, but eventually managable.

(Marie Dantoni) #291

Thanks Brenda…I needed to hear someone else say that.

(Marie Dantoni) #292

Wow, I was leaning towards too much water and salt. Maybe just too much water ?

(KCKO, KCFO) #293

I started a 36 hr fast last night at 9 PM, plan to fast to New Year’s Day breakfast. Fasting has been very good to me this year, so I thought it would be nice to finish out the year with another fast.

Bring on 2018! Happy New Year everyone.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #294

It’s really hard to know that’s why you have to do so much experimentation. I do know we need two to three teaspoons a day normally on the ketogenic diet. As far as how much you need to add while fasting? I’m going to recheck on that. Be sure and poke me if you don’t hear back from me. Summon me with an @Brenda :slight_smile:

(Marie Dantoni) #295

Thank you !

(KCKO, KCFO) #296

I have started a new chat for Jan 2018.