DECEMBER 2018 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #161

40h feeling absolutely fine. started the day with some tummy growls but they stopped.
felt fine and energized enough to get my ears pierced during my lunch break. everyone else feeling like keto/fasting has increased their pain tolerance? :thinking:

I broke at 41 hrs. earlier. - No issues and feeling fine. But the wife took some stuff out the day before yesterday that had to be used, and I actually needed some space in the fridge for some orders I’m filling. (Cheese Cakes) But it’s not an issue though. Like everything else, I like to keep things mixed up % random as to not be repetitive. So making this a shorter fast does just that. … I will restart another one here shortly, I’m sure.

Happy Fasting Folks… :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #163

50h had my first real hunger pang an hour ago. Gladly I couldn’t react on it because I was on the go. I hate to break the fast in the evening anyway.

Happily going to bed now

KCFO

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #164

64h in, so 64% of what I hope to be a 100h fast.

feeling fine beside of a few gut rumbles.
always keeping busy.
Was super hyper this morning, by now I am back to normal energy levels…

Aaaand starting to feel cold… glad to have my perfect cosy super warm hoodie to throw on.

How is everyone else doing?

After breaking my Fast yesterday at 41 hrs. to take care of some [spoiler]foods[/spoiler] that needed to be used so they didn’t go bad, I don’t believe we have anything planned for tonight, (other then putting up more Christmas lights) so I might just roll on with another one? … If so, I will be just over 12 hrs. in.

@Claudia I broke my last fast @ 76 hours and immediately re-started another. I learned from Brenda Zorn that 2 days of Feasting is optimal before doing 2 Extended Fasts Back-To-Back. So I messed up on that little detail, but otherwise I CRUSHED IT on my re-feed. PERFECTION is not my usual deal, so doing it right for once, was kindof a rush. I usually BREAKfast very poorly.

But to your point, I also VERY MUCH dislike getting cold during my E.F.'s. But this time of year, I’ve just resigned myself.

It’s worth it though.

I’m 18 hours into the 2nd of my back to back Extended Fasts…originally planned as a 3-1-3 or should I say it in hours, 72-4-72. NOT recommended as mentioned here: December 2018 ZORNFAST

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #167

What do you mean by “Break fasts poorly”? :thinking:

I usually try to go for 5 day fast (mon to fri) and then feast two days) but in winter and in my current job and roommate situation that is not always possible due to emotional stress…

This week things are quite nice and I am surrounding myself with good people whenever I can (I am very much an extrovert)…

@Hardrock_keto_chick

Okay. So I ALWAYS plan to Eeeeeeeaaaase myself into the re-feed ever-so-gently…so as to preserve my comfort. (Gutcomfort) (I know. It isn’t a word)

That’s The Stan Plan.

(Rolleyes here)

It rarely ever works out like that for me. I almost always overeat, and feel like cr*p for a few hours.

Best of intentions, wrecked by my poor self-discipline.

Where food is concerned, I’m a weak stick.

Broken…

I used to clock in at 330 plus pounds. That and I was pretty well on the way to an early grave.

I’m soon going to hit 65 years of age, and I weighed 167 this morning and that, Claudia…IS EXACTLY where I intend to stay, for however many more days I’m granted on the planet.

Fasting is a big part of my success these past 2 years.

But BREAKfasts are my nemesis.

(Jane) #169

12 hours in, fasting with hubbie.

BG: 76
BK: E-F

Got an E-F error which means not enough blood on the strip. Not wasting another strip this morning since I plan to check before bedtime.

Husband:
BG: 88
BK: 1.0
GKI: 4.89

He was surprised at the 1.0 since he is not near as strict as me with carbs but was better than normal yesterday since we were fasting today. He didn’t want to waste any of his fasting time getting back into ketosis… just goes to show what a metabolically healthy person can do.

Still no clue if we are eating anything tonight? We haven’t set plans, and may just skip through. … If so, I’m just over 17 hrs. presently and will just see where this leads.

(Jane) #171

21 hours here - another short one since will be breaking tomorrow.

I discovered the really nice thing about sous vide is I can cook something for 24 hours and not have to SMELL it! I can look at food all day long but if I smell it my tummy growls and I start fighting hunger.

Have a [spoiler]pork should butt[/spoiler] in the sous vide bath for some [spoiler]pulled pork[/spoiler] tomorrow after we break our fast.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #172

81h here. Coming home yesterday was a bit difficult because the whole house was smelling of [spoiler]spinach carbage quiche[/spoiler]…
My tummy is grouling but I slept just fine.
I start to miss [spoiler]food[/spoiler] but I can power thro till tomorrow morning. Then I’ll be sure I got to my 100h mark and over :star_struck:

Update: Almost painflul hunger pangs and sooo much stomach rumbling… I will wait to see if it calms down till my lunch break…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #173

So i’ll be breaking at 87h. not hungry but very fatigued and cold. salt tea and coffe are just not enough…

(Brennan) #174

Congrats on making it to 87!

Good on ya Claudia! 87 is nothing to sneeze at.

I also dislike the cold feeling I get in an Extended Fast, but 1) It mostly only happens during colder weather and 2) I keep a few of those little Mr. Heaters around.

If a jacket and a stocking cap won’t cut it, I light one of those and put it where I’m working. I’m a screen printer and often stand in one spot for a while. So that works for me.

ANYhow…the good part of fasting outweighs the bad for me.

And in the Summer, it gets HOTTTT on my print floor, and both KETO AND FASTING seems to help me deal.with all that excess heat.

On the whole hunger thing: I read somewhere that if you are really hungry during an Extended Fast, wait 20 minutes and go do something to distract yourself. If after that time you find you are still hungry, then consider whether to go on with your fast. That’s a paraphrase,

But I have used that to help me decide if I really need to tap out…or whether I should continue.

9 times out of 10 I am able to make it to my goal with no further difficulty…ESPECIALLY if my hunger pangs occur around ‘usual’ mealtimes. That is a pretty sure indication that there is some mental programming component to my hunger. And that comes from 6+ Decades of habit.

(Jane) #176

Breaking at 36. Not hungry but am at home and that’s as long as husband can fast so not going to keep going.

Was wide awake last night until well after midnight. Not hungry - just… awake. Normally I fall right to sleep by 10.

I looked back over my Vora app at my previous fasts and my 36-hr ones are great for maintenance and at the end of October I was half a pound heavier than I am now, which is basically the same weight maintained for the last 6 weeks.

I had a small (sustainable) shift of nearly 3 pounds after I did a 102-hr fast in October which is a lot for me. I haven’t had a chance to do a longer fast in the past couple of months - maybe try another in mid January and see if I can shift another couple of pounds of my body setpoint weight.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #177

Thanks so much.
I am glad I made it that long, considering I was struggling with 24h fasts just a few weeks ago.
I think it was my longest “pure water fast” ever (tea/coffee/salt)

I am so glad for all of you, makes getting back in the saddle so much easier :heart:

I am really looking forward to summer… everything is better in summer XD
It’s fun seeing everyone else around me melting while I am "it’s just perfect climate, I have no idea what your problem is) XD

I ended up breaking last night, since we had plans to meet up with some family and friends today for a midday meal. So I ended up doing two 46.5 hrs Fast this week, with a two day break between. … Now I’m off work until the 2nd of January, so taking a little break. - No plan either way, but will see how things go during the Holidays.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #179

Reaching 22h of my accidental fast. I am sick to the stomach and the thought of food repulses me right now.
Keeping calm and fasting on…

(Brennan) #180

Hope you feel better soon, fasting benefits asides sick to the stomach doesn’t sound pleasant.