December 2016 Zorn Fast

(Amanda Jones) #42

My sister and I are starting an extended fast tomorrow. I’ve got my bone broth going in the crock pot, and my husband and I are going out for my last supper tonight. I’m gonna try to make it five days, but this is my first extended fast, so we’ll see! I’m excited, though. :grinning:

(@CubanBarbie) #43

I’m looking forward to it. Just heard about Jimmy Moore’s new podcast with Dr Fung.

Going to listen this weekend for motivation and preparation.

Fasting Talk by Jimmy Moore, Jason Fung, MD and Megan Ramos

(Jenn W) #44

Well crap!
I could have sworn it started today!! I was wondering why there weren’t any posts or comments…
now the question is do I just keep going or wait and do the official Zorn Fast???

(Amanda Jones) #45

I did the same thing. I thought it started today, and since my sister is doing it with me and we had already prepared, we just decided to go ahead and do it. I will try to do one with the group next month. :slight_smile:

(dawn.hakala) #46

My hubs & I started on Thursday night… He’s going to be done tomorrow, I might go another day or 2

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #47

Not sure where January 14th -18th came from.(maybe because the fasts over the holidays were different? IDK)
I always fast 3 days the THIRD week of the month, and always a Thursday starting at 8 pm through a Sunday ending at 4 pm.
That said kids, you can fast whenever you’d like! Any time is a good time.
The next “group” Zornfast will be NEXT WEEK.

I will make a separate post!!

(Jenn W) #48

It was from the beginning of this thread actually!
I’m wanting the pack mentality… I’m going to fast with the tribe here. Cause I’ve got kiddos and no matter what I eat or don’t eat I’m still having to feed them! I need support!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #49

Those were the December fast dates. I will change the wording so it is more obvious that is an old fast. Thanks for pointing it out.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #50

The NEW January Zornfast is HERE:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #51

Follow this link to the correct thread:

(David) #52

Thanks for posting the link. Do you know if the issues raised have ever been addressed?

(Steve Stephenson) #53

@Chance thanks for reminding me.

Yes; here’s the FastingTalk podcast,

http://www.fastingtalk.com/5-responding-to-the-fasting-concerns-of-dr-steve-phinney/

(David) #54

Thanks for that. I might have to listen to it again. Not sure I am
impressed by the answer “don’t try and lecture a bird on how to fly”. I
would be interested to hear what you made of the response?

(Steve Stephenson) #55

To me, the bottom line is that for 2 million years humans evolved, by environmental necessity, to survive cycles of feast and fast (where the feast was of animal flesh).

Phinney admits in the movie Run On Fat (7:05+) that he did not believe Dr. Atkins’ benefit claims for LCHF, despite Atkins patient examples in the thousands, until Phinney did a study that proved Atkins was right.

So Phinney seems disingenuous to not afford Fung the same leeway.

(Steve Stephenson) #57

@tollteacher, I’m now in a remission! See Cancer in a remission!

(Sybella) #58

how can i see this link please?

(Dessie) #59

So I’m on my day 3, 72 hrs will be at 6pm tonight. This seems to be the hardest day as I’m so obsessive about food today. I dont even know that im hungry but its all I can think about. I’ve been in Ketosis for about 4 months been doing 16:8 IF. Haven’t lost anything in 2 months. Don’t know what I’m trying to say here. Maybe just trying to express. Also as I have been diagnosed with fatty liver, also my abdomen fat is more than half my height and mind you I’m 5’2 And a 140 lbs and my belly is huge. But since I’m already Keto no need to do longer than 3 day fast?

(Tressa) #60

What exactly make it a “Zorn” fast vs a water fast?

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #61

A Zornfast is anything you want it to be. Whatever fast you benefit from and want support from others. Any duration, any type.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) closed #62