December 2016 Zorn Fast

(Steve Stephenson) #28

My PC returned too, metastasized to my bones (mostly spine). So I’ve gone through two treatment courses. See last two paragraphs of My Story.

How did your father learn about fasting?

(@CubanBarbie) #29

I coached him through keto for general weight loss and well being. He’s down 40 lbs. and feeling great. However. PSA is now climbing rapidly. He’s 10 years post surgery and radiation for PC. He’s on Lupron now - which I don’t feel good about - but interested in preventive measures that HEAL. He tried his first fast this month on my recommendation and found it to be pretty easy. Your blog is excellent and informative. I’m going to share your story with my dad! Thanks!

(Steve Stephenson) #30

Good job!

Please do.

Me too. The only problem I have with it is it lowers testosterone as well as PSA, causing a loss of “energy”. Good results on my upcoming PET scan may allow dose reduction.

(Amanda Jones) #31

I’m totally in for the next Zornfast. I’m 2.5 months keto now, and fully fat adapted, so I just feel ready. :grin:

(softail925) #32

I’m in for this zorn fast too!

(Steve Stephenson) #33

It’s now 9:25 am on Jan. 8, 2017; 3 days in and I’m fine. A little hunger the last two days; none this morning.

My Ketonix readings yesterday afternoon and this morning were 80 !!!

The inventor of the Ketonix told me in an email once that I should have 70+ to treat my prostate cancer.

80 is 7.9 ppM Acetone; almost twice the level at a reading of 70 !!! (It goes up exponentially)

should be crankin’ !!!

If things keep going this well I’ll make the 7th day and maybe even extend to overlap some of ZornFast.

(Steve Stephenson) #34

In a video at 45m29s, Dr Stephen Phinney begins a discussion that disparages fasting in general and Dr Fung’s book in particular. Through Jason and Jimmy’s new podcast site, FastingTalk, I’m going to ask that they work to clarify the issues raised by Dr Phinney.

(@CubanBarbie) #35

Can’t wait to check this out!

(Steve Stephenson) #36

and broke the fast Jan 9, 2017, at 9:30 am by eating 8 oz of lox (day dreaming about lox (salmon) for a day).

So I plan to join the ZornFasters from late afternoon of Jan 13 to late afternoon of Jan 16 (first 3 days).

(Amanda Jones) #37

I just have to say that I can’t wait to do my first fast. I’ve never been this excited to NOT eat before. Who am I?? :joy::joy:

(Amy s) #38

Darnit, I forgot to look and jumped the gun. Currently on day four of my fast and feeling great. Quite sure I’ll be eating by the time this one starts. I’ll try to remember to look before next month :slight_smile: Happy fasting friends

(Cathie Condon) #39

@Brenda we are ready for January Zornfast!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #40

@Cat
January 19-22! In One week.
I will post ASAP
THANK YOU

(dawn.hakala) #41

Mine started 8pm 1/12/17 AND my husband jumped on board with this one (his first)! Saturday with him is going to suck! Lolol

(Amanda Jones) #42

My sister and I are starting an extended fast tomorrow. I’ve got my bone broth going in the crock pot, and my husband and I are going out for my last supper tonight. I’m gonna try to make it five days, but this is my first extended fast, so we’ll see! I’m excited, though. :grinning:

(@CubanBarbie) #43

I’m looking forward to it. Just heard about Jimmy Moore’s new podcast with Dr Fung.

Going to listen this weekend for motivation and preparation.

Fasting Talk by Jimmy Moore, Jason Fung, MD and Megan Ramos

(Jenn W) #44

Well crap!
I could have sworn it started today!! I was wondering why there weren’t any posts or comments…
now the question is do I just keep going or wait and do the official Zorn Fast???

(Amanda Jones) #45

I did the same thing. I thought it started today, and since my sister is doing it with me and we had already prepared, we just decided to go ahead and do it. I will try to do one with the group next month. :slight_smile:

(dawn.hakala) #46

My hubs & I started on Thursday night… He’s going to be done tomorrow, I might go another day or 2

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #47

Not sure where January 14th -18th came from.(maybe because the fasts over the holidays were different? IDK)
I always fast 3 days the THIRD week of the month, and always a Thursday starting at 8 pm through a Sunday ending at 4 pm.
That said kids, you can fast whenever you’d like! Any time is a good time.
The next “group” Zornfast will be NEXT WEEK.

I will make a separate post!!