Dec 2017 Weight Maintenance Goals- check in here!

(Karen Parrott) #1

Last Month of the year!!! What!?!

Here are my main goals Dec 2017

1. Have as many or more long fasting days (17:7) for example than I did in Nov 2017. 16 days or so, half the month. Health willing.

2. Meditate 5 days per week.

3. Maintain level weight (1 pound loss = okay too). My focus is on maintain.

Okay, any other maintainers want to chime in?

(Karen Parrott) #2

I’m still maintaining. Flat line. Works for me.

I will be working on dropping and maintaining 1-2 pounds after my travel.

So the week of Dec 18th. Travel for me means maintenance is my best plan. Not that I eat off plan but inflammatory oils and regular salt are forces to be reckoned with for me.

How are you doing? The holidays can be easy or hard. Here’s to keeping focused.

(Liz ) #3

I just want to cheer you on! I’m not at maintenance yet but I like to think ahead and following the maintainers is very helpful so thanks for pioneering this section of the forums! Like I read everyone’s experience about fasting before I tried it, I want to see all the maintenance angles before I get there so I’m prepared.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Karen, I didn’t see these newer topics, I have reset my preferences so hopefully I can follow all the Maintenance postings now.

My Dec. goal was to end the year below my maintenance goal weight. I have had great success doing this despite high stress levels and home reno issues and successes.

If fact, I have a new goal weight and I have reached it and have maintained here for a week. So Dec. has been very good to me. I did some IFing, 3-4 days a week, a couple of 24 hr. fasts, and 2 36 hr fasts along with the Zornfast. As we were living in a hotel that provided both breakfasts and hot evening meals I did go over on carbs a few meals but not terribly. In fact I was surprised how easily I was able to stay on plan while doing those meals and the eat outs we did for the other meals. Also I have not been doing as much exercise as I normally do, cold and snow impacted my walking, and my fav teacher is out so I haven’t gone to my Body Flex classes at all. I have only done a few dumbbell workouts all month, nothing regular at all.
EDITING to add: Just read Simplify Your Life Link in the resources. Made me stop and realize, I have shed weight and possessions this month, big time. Worth a read:http://www.refusetoregain.com/2017/03/simplify-your-life-a-philosophy-that-should-be-applied-to-weight-loss.html

I, too am changing my settings to follow Maintenance postings (for me as an aspiration!), And why I am replying to yous is that I really love this article! Absolutely love it! Thank you for posting it, and I hope it is okay with you that I may re-post on FB (KKBs!). Happy New Year!

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

New Year, new month, new thread for Jan.