Day 7 have gained weight!

(Benita) #1

I am 57 on day 7 haven’t cheated (that Im aware of) read labels and am trying to keep things simple,
Cant seem to hit my daily goals because of a lack of hunger.
At first was eating bacon, eggs and spinach for breakfast
1 cup of coffee with 1 tablespoon of HWC and 1 tablespoon of Anysugarfee syrup (don’t usually even finish it)
using 1 tablespoon of organic butter to cook spinach and eggs in
boneless skinless chicken thighs, sauteed spinach,
I was going over in fat so switched to chicken breast, and white meat canned chicken
drinking loads of water
have had pork rinds a couple times with avocado, spaghetti squash

I have backed off the bacon haven’t had it in two days

drinking pickle juice as needed

My fitness pal is set for 1210 calories try to keep carbs under 20, but having a hard time meeting protein requirements any help would be appreciated

(jilliangordona) #2

You shouldn’t limit your fat or your calories as you start, that may be a good place to try to make some changes. It doesn’t sound like you are getting enough fat to me

(Benita) #3

according to my fitness pal I was getting too much thats why Im so confused

(jilliangordona) #4

I’m the beginning there is no such thing as too much. What do you have your macros set at?

(jilliangordona) #5

Your protein may also be too high, how many grams is my fitness pal saying you are getting?

(Benita) #6

Well thats another issue I am struggling with my fitness pal, how do I find where I set them originally
Im not positive I have it set right

(Benita) #7

like for today it is saying I have 28g of carbs, 55g fat and 75g of protein left after I logged my food so far

(jilliangordona) #8

To took me a while too!

First click on the three dots to the left

Then click “Goals”

Then “calorie and macronutrients”

And then you change change them on this screen.

(jilliangordona) #9

Sounds like you may have the original settings. Those 75 grams are all I have alloted for the day, although I modify that based on my body fat percentage

(Benita) #10

can you tell me how to change or check the settings

(jilliangordona) #11

My post above shows you step by step!

(Benita) #12

ok so now it shows 13g carbs, 82g fat, 29g protien left
OMG this is all so frustrating
does that seem better

(jilliangordona) #13

It sounds better, but my advice would be to not live and die by my fitness pal. Work to keep your carbs low to start and get more fat in your diet. See if you can reduce the protein a bit… smaller portions and always add butter or another fat to the protein.

Also, don’t worry too much about the scale! I have gained 10lbs since starting keto but dropped two dress sizes due to lifting and gaining muscle while keto. Take some body measurements and pictures, they will tell a better, more accurate story :slight_smile:

(Benita) #14

So here is today’s maybe you could help me understand

(Benita) #15

And I wonder how I got it set so wrong
And I’m not active at all right now

(jilliangordona) #16

Do not worry!!! It takes some adjustment. Now that you have a better picture of your macros things will be smooth sailing. You kept your carbs down which is perfect to start! Just work on getting that fat higher for now.

One of my favorite meals to be full while skipping protein is homemade alfredo (usually heavy cream, butter, cream cheese, parm, and seasonings) on top of Miracle Noodles or spaghetti squash. It is so satisfying and offerings a great high fat meal!

ack… your chasing numbers which I agree is frustrating.

Keep in simple… see page 4:

(jilliangordona) #18

Here is a peak at a typically day for me.

(jilliangordona) #19

I really only use it as a guide to check on my carbs. They often sneak up on me with too many veggies

(Benita) #20

And I even bought the stuff to make that exact meal but felt like my fat was too high so I didn’t make the sauce!! I also know personally I have to keep protein at bay I tend to gain on too much protein so I have literally been in tears today! Thank you so much for being kind and helpful