Day 6 of first fast over 4 days, need advice

(Bob) #1

Been Keto 9 weeks. Last 5 days used 3-4 tbsp mct BPC. Today day 6 just water and salt. Feeling good all day then went to a supermarket to get more distilled water. Walked in the door and saw all the berries on display. Almost bought some. Walked right out without water as it was too tempting even though I never had that problem since keto. An hour later I was hit by a wave of fatigue. Barely had enough energy for a shower. Drank a small pacific bone broth and had 5 macadamia nuts to help me through this fatigue. I was planning to go 9 more days on the water/salt fast but I don’t know if this fatigue is temporary, psychological or a signal to end the fast. I’m going to go to bed 3 hours early and decide in morning whether to end fast. Advice anyone?

(Bob) #2

90 minutes after bone broth and 5 nuts the fatigue is disappearing. Maybe I can do this after all.

(Cheryl Meyers) #3

Take each day as it comes, and if you need to end the fast, do it. There is always next time…

(Bob) #4

Thanks. Total lack of energy day 6. I had a bone broth and 5 mac nuts and then 90 minutes later I felt normal. Just awakened on day 7 and I still feel good. Going to try for 14 days and staying calm and keto on. This is my first extended fast over 4 days so I’m learning as I go. Thanks everybody

(Autumn Sangra) #5

Awesome job! I have “accidentally” broken a fast just going into grocery store to grab mineral water. It’s so mental. Cudos to you for walking away from temptation!