Day 3 of keto

(Melyssa ) #1

I’m loving the support on these forums! What a gift! I made my first bottle of ketorade today to ward off cramps.

I don’t know if I have keto flu per se. The only way I know to describe it is that my body is craving carbs. I will feel this overwhelming desire to eat - I’m not hungry though - but it’s mentally difficult. So I’ll have a keto approved snack to satisfy my mental obsession and my body is temporarily satisfied because it’s thinking, " Aha!! I got you to eat carbs!!!" But then, 30 minutes later my body is like: wait, you tricked me that wasn’t a carb… and the cycle continues. Day 2 was the worst and today I’m doing better. I’m looking forward to that time when I “forget” (ha ha) to eat.

Anyway, just thought I’d share. I’m committed. KCKO

(Allie) #2

I have days like that even after more than two years. It can be hormonal a lot of the time, us women are up and down so much through the month. Sounds like you’re handling it just fine :blush:

(Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll) #3

The carb cravings were the worst part of my keto-flu (which was pretty mild considering what some people are describing), and I know well that feeling of being both hungry and full at the same time. It might be a couple days but the cravings will pass and mostly be gone for good. Every now and then they might pop up again for a few hours, but it’s not insistent in the same way. As long as you stick to keto foods feel free to eat too try to curb the hunger.