Day 3 and feeling awsome

(David M Hahn) #1

Really surprised how good I feel today. Keeping busy the first 2 days really helped but I was expecting some issues today but nothing. My goal is 7 days so having a meal Saturday night. I am doing only coffee, Tea and water.

(Andy) #2

Well done, 6 days here, was aiming for 4 days but a week in sight now😀

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Good work guys, keep it up.

(Sallie) #4

Great job! I’m anxious to give it a go myself. Almost a week is awesome. I’m only 4 weeks in to Keto living. I did a couple 20 hour fasts which seemed easy. I think the most difficult thing right now is football weekends. Peer pressure of chicken wings. I’ve been doing good drinking club soda instead of beer. My friends have stopped staring at me, although they still keep trying to pour me a beer. I’ve convinced myself club soda tastes like beer. Lol. So I think I can try to time myself around football when I decide to fast…
How do you get around eating events with friends or work? I feel like I just have to go into hiding to avoid everyone. Too many things going on that are centered around eating. Very hard. I’m ok eating keto. I like it. I like not feeling guilty eating butter. I love butter. Well keep up the fasting. You are inspiring me. I want to know if you tend to eat less or more after you finish your fast. What supplements are you using on your fast if any?

(Andy) #5

Stopped at 7 days, had normal meal but then had a large snack straight after. Don’t feel hungry now though. I took potassium, magnesium supplements then switched to a multivitamin at day 4. For liquid I had water and black coffee but had artificial sweetener (considered not good practice). I had 2 pints of bone broth in the freezer but would have made more if I thought I was going to reach 7 days. Himalayan pink salt also now and again.

Strangely felt less hungry day 6 and 7. I should note I was in ketosis before I started and mental clarity good all the way through. Did have some waves of hunger day 2 and 3 which were hard.

(Andy) #6

If I don’t want to come out of ketosis I have gin and slimline tonic. Last time I went out I had a mixed grill and asked if I could swap any carbs for extra meat. It was very nice😀 And too full to be tempted by puddings