Day 2, of Keto new lifestyle

Hi, I’ve read so many books and did my research before starting Keto! I’ve been doing everything right as far as all the Keto books are saying… literally bought every Keto book possible and studied them all before making my transition! With that being said … I guess I wasn’t prepared for how I would feel day 2 or even the first week… even though I read about the Keto flu… just looking for any help with some remedies on dizziness, nausea, foggy, no energy, just a all time crappy feeling… I’m a Mom of 6 so in need of something to make me feel a little better! Little bit about me… I’m 30, 5’3, 169lbs… normally don’t eat to Badly and not a huge fan of meat… love fruits and veggies and have always stayed clear away from oily food… almost thinking that’s why I feel horrible due to body not use to all this protein and oil??? Yesterday and today I’ve had 3 full Keto meals very low carb meals and everything I was suppose to eat!!! Also I’ve always been huge on drinking water no soda and juice so that isn’t different for me?!? I usually drink a gallon of water a day or more… so I’ve continued that??? Any way if you could give me some advice… on anything really I’d really appreciate it… thank you in advance!!!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

Your electrolytes sound out of balance and that is completely normal in the very beginning.
Check out this recipe, I’ve used it from the beginning, drink one every day and never experienced the symptoms you are suggesting.

Thank you so much :heart:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #4

ZipFizz was the one product that helped me control my electrolytes the most during the adaptation phase.

It has 2 carbs per serving, so I limit to 1 per day, and I add salt to it for extra sodium. But it would stop the symptoms immediately and it gave me a nice energy boost.

Good luck

(Chris) #5

Day 2 and you have all these symptoms?

Thank you so much :heart:

Well it was almost day 3… felt worse after the third Keto meal later on that night?

Yeah, I got all those same symptoms on Days 2 and 3, I feel your pain. Definitely follow what the others say about electrolytes, that will help. I was surprised to get those symptoms as early as I did, but it actually only lasted a day or two, a little faster than some others have reported. So I’m hoping it will pass quickly for you as well. If you don’t have all the ingredients yet for the KetoAide, even just upping your salt (like a good 1 1/2 tsp per day) will help in the meantime.

Thank you so much I’m hanging in there… !!!

Oh also, it helps if you spread out the salt, I take it three times per day in 1/2 tsp increments.

Plus, make sure to get plenty of water into you as well.

Best of luck to you! With all the reading and prep you’ve done ahead of time, I think you’ll do really well!

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it!!!