Day 2, feeling very light headed

Hi, I’m on day 2 of Keto and started feeling very out of it/tired by about 1:30pm today.

What I have eaten today is:
Breakfast – two eggs scrambled in 1tbsp of butter
Lunch – Caesar salad with tomatoes + chicken + cheese (lightly salted) and two meat/cheese rollups
Dinner - burger patty (heavily salted) + provolone cheese and mustard, half an avocado (also salted), tomato slice (also salted)
Snack – 2 tbsps of salted almonds

I bought “Mio” for my water, but I think I accidentally just bought the regular kind and not the one with electrolytes. I heard that helps with Keto Flu.

I’m starting to get worried to go into the office in the morning because I have a huge fear of fainting and I’m worried I’ll feel worse tomorrow.

Anything I can do both immediately and over time to help me feel less light headed/out of it? Please help!

You are certainly not starving, though your body might be going through carb withdrawals, did you have significant soda and card consumption just a few days ago?

Of so, then you might want to step into Keto a few days at a time allowing for your body to gradually adjust.

Yeah, I guess over the weekend maybe.

I usually drink Diet Coke at work and had one today. I bought propel and bone broth today and will try to have some tonight.

I argue that artificial sweeteners are causing insulin spikes just like carbs - stick with foundational ingredients for now so you can truly feel the benefits of Keto.

(Ron) #5

Stick some pink salt rocks under your tongue. Your expelling electrolytes and need more sodium.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #6

Try this:

How much water are you drinking? I find that I need 12-16 cups a day in addition to the heavy salt. I make it a goal to have 8 cups by noon and then I don’t have to think about it the rest of the day, I just drink when I’m thirsty or bored.

(Chris W) #8

At day 2 you are just starting most likely, I would expect unless you really exercised a lot you have just finished depleting your glycogen stores, and are starting to transfer over to keto. Its going to take a day or two to get the liver to pump up the ketone levels enough to not be fatigued, esp if you had a really high carb diet in the last few days before starting. As mentioned keep your water intake up, and start to supplement salt starting today unless you have kidney problems(in which case you should be talking to a Dr. anyway). In the first couple days the only dietary thing you can do otherwise is to keep the carbs ultra low if you are sticking to the protein macro. The fat will not matter whole lot at this moment, but it is good to practice starting now. In a couple more days you will need the fat macro more and more as you mobilize fat more and more. Also in the next few days transition out of the snack, try to keep it to 3 meals a day (3MAD) only, MIO works for flavoring but don’t rely on it for electrolytes, you need to ingest salt more every day after starting and that will work to keep the rest in balance, about 1 teaspoon at least through out the day, salt is blood borne and will not last all day if you do it once.