Day 11 of an extended water fast and dehydrated on waking

(Mike Ratcliffe) #1

I am on day 11 of an extended water fast and for the past couple of days I have been waking up dehydrated (headache and eyes sunk in).

I am drinking a good 3 litres of Ketoade each day, which contains:

• 2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Magnesium Citrate
  • 1 tsp Potassium Citrate
  • 1/4 tsp Calcium Lactate

I do tend to have diarrhea whilst fasting (bile and water) because of my excess weight but it would be great if I could fix this problem.

Mike
My Progress

Just wanted to say great job on the fast - 11 days is along time and you’ve clearly lost a lot of weight.

(Scott) #3

I don’t even think about going to bed without my trusty Hydro Flask by my side.:grinning:

(Mike Ratcliffe) #4

Just wanted to say great job on the fast - 11 days is along time and you’ve clearly lost a lot of weight.

@andy71 Yup, I am down 10.1 kg (22.3 lbs or 1.6 stone) in the first 11 days. Could be better, could be worse but it’s not a bad start.

I don’t even think about going to bed without my trusty Hydro Flask by my side.

@Rclause Me too… my flask goes with me everywhere… I am starting to think that the dehydration was because I was, well, a bit “squirty” through the day.

(Paul H) #5

Mike you’re amazing! Sorry I am an infant in this so can’t give advice other than keep paying attention and don’t be afraid to ask here or your Dr… Education and communication.

(Mike Ratcliffe) #6

No more dehydration… I think I was drinking less towards bedtime so that I wouldn’t need to wake up and use the toilet at night but it turns out that if I carry on drinking plenty right up to going to sleep I wake up feeling fine… sometimes a little headache but okay.