Dairy free ketoers - what does your menu look like?

I think I am realising that I can’t cope with diary. My weight loss is slow, but more importantly, I have digestive pain in the mornings after a dinner with diary, my mental health is rubbish and I am concerned I don’t cope with the inflammation from dairy. I have generally avoided dairy (paleo) for years but the idea of keto dairy free is a little challenging.

Anyone who avoids dairy I’d love to know what your days looks like with food, and any good recipes. I use coconut milk etc, but it starts to be a little much.

(Deb) #2

That’s me…and nut-free and many other stalling things-free!

So…eggs, bacon (lots of bacon!), veggies, tuna (tuna salad for lunch), any meat, of course, butter or olive oil on veggies instead of globs of cheese I used to use, easy on the salads now due to dressings (only like blue cheese really), but still do once a week or so.
Treat every so often WILL include some cream cheese but only 2 oz or so.

It’s been about 5 weeks and I was 144.6. Today 133.4.

Thanks Deb, that gives me some hope it can be done without too much food boredom.

(Edith) #4

Yeah, I think that’s what I need to do. The weight just melted off when I started “keto” because I was actually doing the Atkins induction phase which was just meat, egg, and a little veggies.

Then I discovered keto and all the things I can eat within my limits and the weight stopped coming off. I didn’t gain either. I think think my “fun” keto with exciting recipes, fat bombs, and nuts is great for maintenance, but maybe I need to be more basic in the food choices.

I have all the keto benefit, but no weight loss since the end of last summer. I do have five more pounds I would love to lose. I think I am going to give your version a go @skinnyjeans13.

Edit (addition)
Well starting at lunch. I already ate some nuts with breakfast.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That is a really interesting point on Atkins induction. When I lost 50lbs in 2007 I mainly stuck to induction and I was measuring out the cheese and cream ration.

(Deb) #6

Yeah! My downfall! I had this amazing concoction ( don’t read any further if you are in a weakened state!) of a dark chocolate…ok, maybe I better stop there!

Anyway, in addition to stopping dairy and all, I stooped cardio and regular weights and started Slow Burn strength Training. Huge game changer in body comp!

I like casseroles. There are endless variations so we never get tried of them. And there’s always leftovers to last for a couple of meals.

Since Paleo eliminates grains, legumes, and dairy, many of those recipes are applicable. Just steer clear of the higher carb recipes.

Google Paleo casseroles and you’ll be inundated with choices.

When Im avoiding cheese my meal options have been :

Meal 1 : Bacon and Eggs
Meal 2 : Steak
Meal 3 : Deviled Eggs and some Ham
Meal 4 : Garlic stuffed Olives and a bit of lunch meat with mayo
Meal 5 : Chef Salad with Avocado Oil dressing
Meal 6 : Pork Belly and Cauliflower Rice
Meal 7 : Crispy Chicken Thighs

(Artemis) #9

I’m lactose intolerant and avoid cow milk products. I’ve found that I can eat sheep milk cheese such as sheeps’s milk feta. I also eat aged goats milk cheese like the varieties by Midnight Moon.
I use those cheeses and add to unsweetened almond milk to make a cheese sauce.
A fave lunch is sheep’s milk feta (Bulgarian feta), sliced cucumber, kalamata olives, Genoa salami. Tossed with oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil and red wine vinegar.

(Jewel ) #10

Hi, Baarb- we love sautéed mushrooms with eggs and bacon for brekkie, and chili with guacamole or an egg… or both! I also really like soft-boiled eggs, and my fiancé likes deviled eggs, so we’ll do those with a salad. Also… bacon chips in guacamole is a pretty killer snack, as are pork rinds. :slight_smile: