Dairy Free February?

(Becky) #41

I am late to this topic, but I want to try dairy free. I also am curious if it is the culprit in weight gains and/or stalls. I already avoid cheese but need to stop the half and half. So I’ll finally open that can of coconut cream!

(AnnaLeeThal) #42

I’m really loving coconut cream in my coffee. Also, I found macadamia nut milk at the store and it’s very Keto! I put both in my coffee.

(Becky) #43

Great! I’ll look for the macadamia nut milk! Thanks!

(Becky) #44

I had stalled after discovering cheese crackers…yum! It took two weeks for my body to recover.

(Becky) #45

Coconut cream in my coffee and let hot chocolate has been wonderful! One solid week without dairy! Yay!

(Kathy L) #46

I’d like to try -since I’m in a long stall. What would this look like in terms of meals?

(Marc) #47

I’m not sure I can help you out here Kathy. I eat pretty simply.
For breakfast I’ll have a couple egg yolks (no whites), some bacon (pastured), a veggie, and maybe some hamburger (grass fed). This is all cooked with lard for a oil. I’ll also have some coconut milk and/or coconut oil in my coffee.

I’ll have a late lunch (2 or 3pm) where I’ll have a meat (sardines, salmon, shrimp, beef, etc.) and maybe some scrambled eggs, and a veggie. That’s it for the day.

It’s pretty simple. I just won’t eat any cream, cheese, butter, etc. If I eat any of those, I’ll struggle with my weight. :frowning2:

(missg) #48

Well tried but couldn’t do it was so hungry much more then before. Good news I’m now using coconut milk ehich I’m loving. Ty for this post it was interesting journey. Good luck.

(AnnaLeeThal) #49

So two weeks in and I’m not sure I’m seeing any significant differences in how I feel.

I have substituted coconut cream and macadamia nut milk for HWC in my coffee, which I do like quite a bit. I don’t think I will go back to putting HWC in my coffee, although it was convenient. I bought a little glass jar that I can bring along my creamer if needed.

I do miss butter, but this has given me an opportunity to be creative and use other fats like duck fat.

I don’t miss cheese as much as I thought I would. Huh.

I’m noticing that veggies are most likely the culprit of any bloating issues I was having, other than when I had it after HWC in coffee. I feel best when I eat a good fatty piece of meat.

My hunger has been much higher lately, which annoys me. I had the urge, very irrational urge, to eat as many carbs as I could but I resisted. It wasn’t like a craving, more like an urge to binge. I think the winter is getting to me and I really need to pay attention to self care.

(Bella Tricks) #50

Hey there, good to hear how its going. After a bit of research I learnt that I could just have butter which is low in casein. So I went ahead and did that. (What some do, is isolate that food - butter - and do blood sugar tests to ascertain if there is any histamine response/ spike).
Anyway, its been cool! I also discovered that my salt intake is stingy and have been drinking salty herbal tea and the 8 glasses of water - that im normally crap at getting, and all up… I have FINALLY overcome the weightloss stall!
Not to mention, my guts feel better, hardly any bloating, and way more even energy and by the way, my moontime was pain free (What? didnt expect that!)
So Im keeping butter. But staying off dairy for now.
:slight_smile: Bel

(migorstmarseille) #51

I’ve found that while my weight hasn’t changed much, the stubborn fat around my midsection is starting to leave.

Mind you, I was offered some imported gorgonzola earlier this week, and did consume about an ounce of it. I ate it with no guilt. Before dairy-free February, I’ve been falling back on cheese as my evening snack quite a bit when the mental hunger pangs come on. Since I’ve gone dairy free, I have gone all month without snacking beyond my one meal daily. It’s quite freeing.

This dairy-free experiment has shown me that cutting almost all cheese from my diet is a positive. Thanks to everyone who suggested it on the forum.

(Karen Parrott) #52

I’ve been dairy free since April-ish of 2013. Glad everyone is willing to experiment. Very important to know how your body reacts.

(@CubanBarbie) #53

Hello friends! I am super late to the party…today is my first dairy free day…I weaned myself over the last three days while fasting…just had some heavy cream…but today - nothing, nada, zip, zilch…I’m kicking off my doctor’s “elimination diet” with a fast. I’m at 87 hours. I’d like to get to day five and then start eating again - but, without dairy, caffeine, or eggs. My doc gave me a list of reactive foods to test…funny thing is…out of the approx 15 foods on the list…I only ingest those three: eggs, dairy, and caffeine! So…her protocol is to go two weeks without any of those foods…and then…to test your body’s tolerance, reintroduce one food, three times a day, for two days…then wait one day to be sure there is no reaction…then test the next food. Thankfully I’m only going to test those three since I’m not interested in eating the others (Corn, gluten…etc) Should be interesting.

Many of you have said that you gain weight or feel bloated when eating dairy…I don’t think it has that effect on me…but I am growing concerned about my dependance on it. I started realizing I was getting a LOT of my calories from heavy cream and cheese…and I CRAVE it…CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE…which my doctor tells me can be an indication of a food allergy! Isn’t that crazy? That your body would CRAVE something that it believes is toxic? I feel that way about EGGS too…it’s so hard not to have EGGS. I LOVE them…

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #54

When and WHY did this happen @jfricke?!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #55

I just received this as a gift! The pictures are lucious, have you tried any recipes yet?

(AnnaLeeThal) #56

I haven’t yet! I really would like to do the whole meal plan once I am done with The Month Of Steak. I did try to get some marrow bones to use for the scrambled eggs, but my butcher was out!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #57

I’m looking forward to following the month of steak! I just put it together that you will be 2-months without dairy, you are strong!

(AnnaLeeThal) #58

I actually did add the dairy back several days ago. I was having hunger, mood, and craving issues. I’m going to get some baseline labs drawn prior to month of steak, so I thought going back on dairy for a week or so would be better reflective of my baseline Keto diet as well.

(Guardian of the bacon) #59

I lost a bet.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #60

:joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Excellent integrity to hold up your end of the bet when :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon: is at stake