Dairy Free February?

Wow, I was not aware of the cross reactive nature of casein with gluten proteins.

(Meeping up the Science!) #22

I wasn’t either, but apparently my thyroid let me know!

Much of it is anecdotal, sadly, however the initial research is interesting. I dislike eliminating dairy personally, as I relied on it extensively for nutrition. I also, well, enjoy it. Having said that, I still do use imported and aged Italian cheeses rarely. Maybe once a month, honestly. Now that dairy is (mostly) weeded out I don’t really notice its absence much.

(migorstmarseille) #23

I’ve stalled out a while ago after losing 50 pounds.I’ve been contemplating going without dairy products (especially cheese) for a while now to see if that helps my situation and possibly losing some weight. I just found an online recipe for ghee which I’m going to try. I’m in for a dairy-free february!

I have gone dairy free in the past for short periods, and I always feel better without the dairy bloat. Also my back breaks out horribly with the dairy. Itchy red spots which scab over. TMI!
My problem is that I crave the creamy texture, but now that I know how to make mayo, I think that it can sub in for the mouth feel that I miss when cutting yogurt, cream cheese, hard cheese and butter out.

I am in for the month of February!

(AnnaLeeThal) #25

Tomorrow is the day!! I better chug all the heavy cream I have left.

(Christine J) #26

Total dairy binge day for me! Lol. Looking forward to this experiment

Chug, chug, chug, chug…oops…sorry…memory relapse into the beer drinking contests… stupid things I did when young…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(AnnaLeeThal) #29

Lol

(Stickin' with mammoth) #30

No cheddar for 30 days?!

(starts to shake)

(AnnaLeeThal) #31

It’s only temporary.

(Bella Tricks) #32

yep im in.
try it out.
I have chosen coconut yogurt (half a small tub, once or twice a week) as my sub.
Im just not sure how Ill go without the 1/3 cup of milk i have in tea each day …yikes.
Though, I gave up full strength coffee a month ago and hey! I have survived!
enjoy the experiement
:slight_smile: Bel

I warm up a cup of Silk almond/coconut milk unsweetened with cinnamon and nutmeg. Tastes wonderful and is under 1 carb/cup. Tastes better than hot cow’s milk.

What else is in that coconut yogurt? Cargeenan or other stabilizers?

(Bella Tricks) #35

Um. Dunno :neutral_face:

(migorstmarseille) #36

Three days in and, so far, so good. No weight loss that I know of, but my waist is a bit smaller. Plus some “night cheese” was quite a fall back for me when I wanted to snack at night. Since that’s off the list, I haven’t been eating anything after dinner. As I’m doing intermittent fasting (18/6 or 20/4 depending on my schedule), I feel a lot more energy. Also, being in broadcasting, I’m noticing that my throat doesn’t feel as, um, (trying to be diplomatic)…“goopey” as it did when I was eating cheese, butter, etc. This is a good result. Tonight, it’s beef liver cooked in bacon grease along with five eggs scrambled. Everyone else doing OK with no dairy?

(missg) #37

Yes I will stop too in February.

(AnnaLeeThal) #38

I’m feeling pretty good with no dairy so far. I think my hunger is back under control despite some hormonal things I have going on, so that is nice.

I made Kahlua Pork from Nomnompaleo the other night and have been eating that for lunch the last two days. So freaking good.

I think just not having the cheese available for snacking is getting me back on a better eating pattern.

I’m feeling good as well without dairy. My back acne cleared up quite fast, as I knew it would, because I have cut out dairy in the past which works every time. I am now officially convinced that all those small red bloody itchy spots (TMI) erupt when I am ingesting dairy. I am convinced, so I doubt I will return. Plenty of other satiating foods. Made a pizza with eggs “oopsie bread style” topped with liver pate and olive oil. After soaking for 24 hrs., I roast a few mac. nuts in coconut oil sprinkled with salt for my evening snack. Nice and warm/crunchy. Feels like a treat.

(AnnaLeeThal) #40

This came in the mail today. Will come in handy this month.