Daaangerous recipe: Vanilla Cheesecake Fat Bombs

(Sophie) #21

Oh honey, it IS good! And since I don’t bake anymore, this is the perfect opportunity to actually use some instead of gifting it for Xmas. :smirk:

(Kate) #22

This may go well with cheese cake base cookies. I made a couple of cheesecake crust when we had visitors recently. I overcooked them and decided to bin them and start again because they would be too cooked for baking the cheesecake part but when getting it out of the dish it looked like biscuits/cookies. I ended up using it for topping cream with it and it was seriously yum.

Recipe from Minimalist Keto on YouTube
30 g melted butter
75g almond flour
1/2 tspn cinnamon
17g erthyrtiol/stevia powdered version

Mix until combined and press flat into the dish. Bake in a pie dish or baking dish for 10 mins at 200 degrees Celsius/500 Farenheit and then watch for a few mins not to overcook.

Can be sliced into cookies etc or can be crumbled.

Me too! Yikes…

(Stickin' with mammoth) #24

Oh, he’ll call you, alright…and tell you how good it was!

(Jeremy Storie) #25

I’ll text him some pictures too :joy:

Recipe? (drools)

(Sophie) #27

Not really a recipe, just 2 ingredients, no really, only 2 things, unlike lots of recipes out there. LOL
Here’s what I do:
Get a pint mason/ball jar with lid
Take 2.5 Madagascar Vanilla Beans and split them down the length of the bean not cutting the underside. Then fan them out, exposing the seeds. You don’t have to scrape the seeds out. They will shake out. Cut them in half so they will fit the jar.
Fill the jar with Meyer’s Dark Rum NOT THE SPICED-NOT THE SPICED! And I Mean it, let the beans speak for themselves! If you do I don’t wanna hear about how it didn’t work or tasted terrible, you can cry over your wasted beans on your own. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Now put on the lid and give it a good shake. Store it in a cool, dark place and give it a fondle and a shake every week or so and let her know you’re thinking about her. :laughing: I don’t test mine until about the 6mo mark but I’m hard core :+1:. You can give it a try around 3-5mos. It’s worth the wait. I have some Absolute and Jack Daniels on the make for over a year, really nice. Makes great gifts to your super-most-best buds too. :grin:

(Doug) #28

:clap: A principle with wide application.

Mmmmm sounds so good, thanks! I make my own “Grand Marnier” with brandy and orange zest, but this sounds so delish!

(Sophie) #30

Hey, I showed you mine, now you gotta show me yours!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: OMG Who The Hell Doesn’t Love Orange Zest!

As a professor, can I pause here for a moment and give @OldDoug three :clap: :clap: :clap: for using “principle” here instead of “principal?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve seen this so misused over the years that I start to wonder myself if I know the right way to use it!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #32

English?

Nope. Business. Though, my favorite course in college was Linguistics and Etymology. Go figure!

Wow. That sounds just about perfect…!

(Doug) #34

To go from Baconmecrazy’s Vanilla Cheesecake Fat Bombs to a rant about how the decline of language (and probably civilization :wink:) unfolds around us is likely unacceptable thread drift, but my god, man, have you seen how the younger generation communicates these days? :confounded: “Social mediaspeak” seems to breed a reduced attention span. Where oh where will our future essayists come from?

(Sophie) #35

Don’t Even Get Me Fucking Started! :roll_eyes:

Edited: Because I HAD to do the 'ole eye roll on that one!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #36

There’s a billion of them, they type 140-character dissertations every few minutes.

(Doug) #37

I got my handbasket when they were on sale.

I’m not one for Keto sweets or treats, but this sounds ridiculous (topped with homemade HWC and sprinkled with more cinnamon). :yum:

(Sophie) #39

This would be fucking fabulous if you added a teaspoon of homemade vanilla extract. Just don’t call it that if you want to ship it over state lines!

KETO GRAND MARNIER

It’s super easy:

1 gallon brandy/vodka mix (You can use all brandy, but I’m cheapo so I use 2/3 brandy and 1/3 vodka)
Zest of 10 organic oranges

Let it sit for 2 months or more in an airtight glass container away from bright light. Then strain out the zest using a fine metal strainer followed by a coffee filter.

Add sweetener as desired.

Since it doesn’t contain sugar syrup, it’s a bit thinner than the real deal. Some people have experimented with thickening it with glycerine or xanthan or guar gum, but I don’t bother. The taste is a lot like Grand Marnier, so I don’t care!