Curry, Steak, Pork , Indian Stir Fry

PSX_20181208_200026

Tonight I made an Indian dish basically made it up. I sauteed steak in butter with some pork …added my curry paste mixture as follows and let the meats cook well in it.
Curry sauce made from scratch… curry, ginger powder, heavy cream, salt a bit of stevia.
Then added in peppers and cauliflower, really cook them and let the sauce reduce.
Also I added in about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil while it was cooking super yum. I can’t believe I get to eat this much rich stuff!
Life is good!!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2

I make a lot of curries! Japanese curry is the only one I haven’t ketofied, but I’m good on Indian & Thai curries.

Sounds good, you know it was really funny I was cleaning out my spice cabinet , Marrying my spices,and letting this bowl catch the extra spices and they happen to be mostly curry.
I put a little chilli, stevia, salt, chipoltle… and then I put some heavy cream into the powders and let it sit for about an hour.
then I put it over the cooking meat and added butter,coconut oil, and more cream and it made the best sauce! it didn’t coagulate it was wonderful!
I get so excited cause I don’t cook much and being keto is helping me to get back into enjoying cooking and enjoying flavors!
I felt like I was so restricted in eating until I found keto!
yeah I can eat again! I can eat again ! I can eat again!!! :full_moon_with_face:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #4

It’s great, isn’t it??
People try my keto meals and are bewildered that THIS is how I eat to burn fat! :rofl:

I really don’t miss much from my “no go” list.

Edit: btw, if you havent already, try shirataki noodles with a dish like the one you pictured. They’re great with asian cooking imo.

me…only if i let myself get too hungry!
Then my mind wanders… Then… I start thinking of the meal that I’m going to make and it gets me off of the junk food thoughts.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #6

Gotta stay ahead of “overly hungry”. … Bad decisions come from that state.

You’re right about that! I just read your profile looks like you’ve been doing really great congratulations and you keep it up! thanks for the inspiration & the little chat!
Yer 3 kids get to enjoy you ALOT longer!!!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #8

Thanks TeeCee. I’ll drop by and see how things are going from time to time.

(Running from stupidity) #9

I’m a big fan of noodles made from spiralised Daikon (Japanese Radish) - Doodles, maybe? So much better than zoodles!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #10

Ya know, I love daikon in other ways, but I’ve not tried 'em spiralized. I’ll give it a shot. :+1:

(Running from stupidity) #11

Yeah, I figured you would :slight_smile: They have so much more body than the zoodles, it’s a huge improvement.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #12

Plus: daikon at least has its own flavor. I like them grated and used with other pickles as a condiment with fish and the like.

(Running from stupidity) #13

Yeah, daikon is great. Only found it a year or so ago, sadly.

so buy it (dikon)fresh and spiralize it? or Are they prepackaged on Amazon or something.?Anybody know?
Now I want to try it !
:chipmunk:

(Running from stupidity) #15

We have a spiraliser, and just spiralise fresh veges from the market. It looks like a gimmick, but it’s actually really good. Nobody is more surprised about that than me.

Great, thank you! I had zuccini noodles and was REALLY surprised I liked them!

(Annie Bakaleinikoff) #17

I tried the daikon tonight. Used my spiralizer, then tossed in a pan with just a bit of oil for a few minutes. Far and away better than zoodles, and I do really like those. Completely delicious and satisfying.