Cucumber and Feta Salad

I have been making a cucumber and feta salad by cutting up english cucumber (they tend to have less seeds) in small cubes (using a mandoline slicer, but you don’t have to), mixing it with feta, fresh black pepper, and a bit of avocado olive oil. I have made it a few times adding dill, and a few times with fresh basil. Dill was definitely better. I don’t usually add salt since the feta is salty. I don’t really have measurements or macros as I just kind of eyeball it. It is easy to make a single serving or for a crowd. I have made it a few times for summer picnics and it has been a huge hit. It is light, tasty, and you can really make it to suit your tastes.

Enjoy!

Oh, yeah, this sounds like it’d hit the spot in the summer. Very similar to a Greek salad. Just add some kalamata olives in, and you’re there. And, great point on the salt, Feta gets you there, salt-wise, especially if you add the kalamatas. Now that I’m thinking about this, a spritz of a fresh lemon over the top right before serving could work well, too. :lemon:

(Carpe salata!) #3

I cut 2 parallel cuts most of the way through the cucumber, then go to it on the mandolin to make the cubes. I also add some diced red capsicum(bell pepper) for a bit more colour … I didn’t use the feta but will give it a try next time!

LOL. Didn’t even think about how much it resembles Greek Salad. A friend of mine made cucumber ‘boats’ with feta and it seemed far too fussy for me…just chopped it all up and threw it in a bowl.

(Clare) #5

A lovely twist for a greek salad is to add some little chunks of watermelon. Little pieces of watermelon with the salty feta are really good.

Just made this yesterday! But don’t forget the avocado. :slight_smile:
https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/cucumber-avocado-and-feta-salad/

(Caraway Carter) #7

Sometimes I like to take an avocado and feta cheese snack. So refreshing.

I use a pickling garden variety of Cucumber using a mandolin to make the rounds. Add 1Tbs each of Apple Cider Vinegar and Avovado Oil to the container and shake. Then add a few Kalamazoo olive, 1/8 or less dried dill, Heaping Tablespoon of Feta, 2 pepercininis, and ground pepper or Chile’s to taste. Shake it all up, refrigerate and a great salad for lunch or dinner. I drink the residue juice to get in my ACV and extra oil. This is about 4-5 net carbs and is super filling with a crunch. This is great as single serve!

(KetoQ) #9

I love watermelon as well, but learned it is very high on the glycemic index, which means it will quickly spike your insulin, so I would recommend going light on it.

(KetoQ) #10

Yes, the peppers are my favorite part of the Greek salad.

Made this tonight!!! Yummy, Thank you Jonesy for the recipe!

(Clare) #12

Doesn’t give me any issue