Crunchy Egg Yolk Crouton, Amazing caesar salad

fried
eggs
food
recipe

(Robert Kuhar) #1

I recommend these crunchy gooey treats. The secret behind this marvel is cooking at exactly 147 F. Covering them in a keto “breadcrumb” and quickly frying, results in a jaw-dropping garnish for any dish! Make these hugely satisfying morsels as impressive appetizers or, like me, make yourself a Keto Ceaser Salad.

Recipe:
12 - Eggs
Medium Bag - Pork Rinds
500 - Peanut Oil

We start by warming up a sous vide bath to 147 F. and let the eggs (shell and all) sit immersed for 1 hour.

Then, replace the warm water with ice water to cool them down quickly.
you should be able to remove the egg whites by cracking the egg and gently peeling the whites off. Place the yolks together in a bowl. Discard the egg whites

Using a rolling pin crush the pork rinds into bread crumb size pieces. Then “bread” the yolks by rolling them in the pork rinds.

In a high walled pot heat a neutral oil like peanut oil to 350 F. Use more then 500 ml if using a large. (you want the yolks to be able to completely submerge) Fry for 30 seconds - 1 minute.

Cool on a paper towel and use your crunchy yolks to garnish your favorite salad.

(TJ Borden) #2

Oh shit… that looks AWESOME. Not sure the salad is necessary, seems like the fried yokes stand on their own. :grin:

(Robert Kuhar) #3

The group I made this for said the same thing!
Oh, side note: I know not everyone has a sous vide so you can hard boil for 8 minutes as an alternative.

(TJ Borden) #4

Actually, I was thinking to myself that the last time I tried to make soft boiled eggs in the sous vide, I ended up with a dozen beautiful yokes with whites that never set. Of course I still ate the yokes.

Now I’m going to have to do it again and fry up the yokes.

i think i love you

(Candy Lind) #6

(Troy) #7

Looks good!!
Wow
I just washed an food TV episode on a Scottish Egg competition last week

This kinda resembles a Scottish Egg - KETO style :grin:

(Robert Kuhar) #8

:joy::joy::joy:stop