Cronometer has me confused

(MelissaH) #23

These video’s might help

That’s what I’m talking about

(Carpe salata!) #25

OK so I’m starting tracking on cronometer. I entered height weight all that, selected ketogenic, added the food I ate today. I think I selected the weight loss option.
Macros OK except fat tha was well under. I’ll keep at it, but realise it’s only a guide.

(MelissaH) #26

Every few weeks I readjust my set macros on cronometer. It’s easier for me to track that way

So K2 is the same thing as potassium? I can’t find just K

(Todd Allen) #28

K2 could be referring to two atoms of potassium such as when potassium sulfate is written K2SO4.

Vitamin K2, aka menaquinone, is completely different.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_K2

(Running from stupidity) #29

Think of it as looking at a very long and detailed forum post :slight_smile:

Yeah, don’t choose that option :slight_smile:

In Cronometer you can add your own macros, which is a good idea, generally.

(Candy Lind) #30

There are in the commercial ones like Citrucel. Look for ingredients ending in “ose “ or “ol” which are artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols. Both have carbs, some digestible, most not, but could very well cause insulin release even if they “don’t count.” It would be better to find a way to take some psyllium husk fiber (in an electrolyte drink?) or chia seeds (make a tasty pudding) if you find you need fiber.

Re: pork rinds - make your own “flavors” with plain ones - most of the flavored ones have a bunch of stuff that adds carbs or spikes insulin.

THIS. Especially this early in. You are not yet fat adapted. You need to eat to satiety so your body can get to know the signals again. You will automatically eat less when those signals kick in and you are fat-adapted.

Most of the time low salt or magnesium are the cause of cramps. Add salt and see if it helps. Then to magnesium if it doesn’t. Take care - many magnesium compounds act as laxatives.

As @brownfat said, Vitamin K2, aka menaquinone - totally different, I was referring to “K” as the depiction of potassium on the periodic table. Sorry to confuse!

(Todd Batitis) #31

I had a rough time with avocados to start with myself but one of the things that helped was my wonderful wife saying, “You might actually like them in guacamole. You should try that and see how it works for you.” Bingo. We picked up a small thing of spicy guac at the store and it was great and didn’t have the taste of just eating an avocado. Next time we were at Costco we picked up the little 12 pack of individual servings and they work great for me. It is actually what I break my daily 20:4 IF fasting time with each day.

And most of us here likely understand where you are coming from with regards to MFP. I have used it and still do but if there is one thing I have had to learn to do it was stay out of the forums because there is no shortage of people there who are clueless that keto is not “just the latest fad diet for people wanting to lose a lot of weight” and that can’t understand that no, there is actually more than simply CICO. I just use it now to track my numbers.

One of the things I have been doing the past week or so, in an effort to get away from the “making sure I hit my calories” mindset is to write down everything I would normally log and then log it the next day rather than log it and have the proof in front of me that “I have 200 calories left and 6g protein and 30g fat… what I can I eat to fill those?” It has helped a lot with understanding satiety for me and I am typically between 1800-2400 calories and still losing.

(Bob M) #32

Guacamole = good, avocados by themselves, I still don’t like.

You tell cronometer what you want to eat, not the other way around. Set it up in your profile how you want it and go from there. Sounds like it’s set to it’s defaults, even when set to ketogenic it needs some tweaking.

(Carpe salata!) #34

Ok so set to ‘custom’

And carb 20, protein 100, fat 100. Sound ok?

98kg. / 1.8m

(Running from stupidity) #35

That seems really low (away from my PC, so this is eyeballing it totally).

(Carpe salata!) #36

Thanks I’m just after an eyeball guesstimate. I never tracked before.

So what is it - ~1g protein per lb of lbm … say lbm is 130 so maybe 140-150 protein? Then fat to make up the kCal totals of sedintary ~2800

… back to setting the macros

(Candy Lind) #37

Actually, 1-1.5g per kg (2.5 lb).

(Carpe salata!) #38

Oh ok so I’ll say roughly 80-100 g of protein

(Running from stupidity) #39

I use the ketogains online macro calculator for this stuff, but there’s a few around.

It’s doing that over a period of time that will lower your BMR, real low or high a couple days here and there aren’t an issue.

Most of us lifting or trying to gain muscle are around the lb per lbm, many going strictly for weight loss go with 0.8-1.5g per /kg. Don’t be afraid to play with it.

(Running from stupidity) #43

Because I’m feeling unusually diplomatic, I’d say it’s unnecessary rather than stupid :slight_smile: