Crispy pepperoni and onion pizza

(matt ) #1

Another Friday night. Time for pizza and wings.(no pics of those but they are great)

The recipe We use is:

170g mozzarella cheese
85g almond flour
40g cream cheese
1t baking powder
1/2t xanthum
Salt
Garlic powder

Toppings
Don Pepino’s pizza sauce.
Chopped up pepperoni
Diced white onions (watch the carbs as needed)
4 cheese pizza (mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan and Romano

We made double batch to fit the pan.

Preheat oven to 425F

Mix all the dough ingredients in a food processor until it starts to form a ball. I did the dough in 2 batches.

Put a piece of parchment in the cookie sheet and put the balls of dough in there.

Combine the balls and use your hands to start spreading the dough around.

Place another sheet of parchment on top and use a roller to get the dough spread out a little more.

To get the crust exactly like I want I have found that using the side of a crab mallet to push the dough around makes it easy to get the crust all the way into the corners and level all around. I should have taken a picture of this part.

Remove the top piece of parchment and use a fork to pork holes in the crust to prevent bubbles.

Put the crust (still in the pan) in the oven for 6-7 minutes.

Take out the pan put parchement on the top and flip the crust. I have another pan the exact same size so I nest them and flip it that way. Nice and easy. Then I slide the crust back into the hot pan.

Back into the oven for another 5 minutes.

Take out the crust and spoon on your sauce. We used a very small amount, it was almost painted on.

Cover with cheese and then add your toppings. We used cut up pepperoni and onion that had been crisped in a pan.

Bake 5-7 more minutes until the cheese is bubbling.

Let cool a bit, cut it up and have at it.

Carlshead Pizza Wins!
(Robin) #2

You made this with wheat flour??

(matt ) #3

No, almond flour. Sorry I was editing the recipe and had not corrected that yet.

What kind of mozzarella do you use for the crust? Pre-grated or do you buy a block of it? Whole milk mozz or part slim? I really want to dial this in! Looks so good!

(matt ) #5

@Theresa
Pre-shredded. Whole milk low moisture

This has been the best fathead style pizza I’ve made so far. I accidentally added too much cream cheese and I didn’t get it uniformly thin, so the edges cooked more than the center. Still, I was able to eat it with my hands! I think the thin sauce layer is pretty important. I’ll be making it again to perfect my technique.

I found this sauce that was frickin $8.99. Still, 2 net carbs for 1/2 cup is pretty good.

(matt ) #7

That looks awesome. Keep making it until you have it just right for you. I have found that making a crust that fills the sheet leads to really even cooking.

(joe churchill ) #8

Don’t use the microwave in the beginning to combine flour and mozz?

(matt ) #9

No I do it in the food processor. It combines them just fine. The heat is from the friction.

(carl) #10

THIS is legit. If you use the microwave you risk separation. The heat from the food processor is all you need.