Cream of Mushroom soup replacement

(Ashley Haddock) #1

My aunt used to make a broccoli casserole that would be 100% keto friendly except it uses Campbells’ cream of mushroom soup. Any ideas on how to replace that? I was thinking mushrooms and heavy cream, but am open to suggestions.

Haven’t tried it but this came up in google: http://lowcarbyum.com/cream-of-mushroom-soup/

(Ashley Haddock) #3

I google everything, I can’t believe I didn’t try that. Haha Thanks!

(eat more) #4

chicken divan?

Use a bit of ground meat fried with tallow or lard in a pan, to develop a nice brown fond in the pan. Then deglaze with onions, mushroom and cream…very similar to how the mushroom sauce is made for stroganoff. It doesn’t take a lot of ground meat, just enough to creat a brown caramelized crust in the pan. Or as an alternative to beef, use diced bacon or pork belly to brown in pan and create the dark crust.

This is a delicious sub I have made, couldn’t keep my family out of it!

(Ashley Haddock) #7

No, but that sounds really good! Lol This is basically broccoli, cheese, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. It also had rice but I’ll omit or sub cauli rice.

That sounds delicious and much easier than making a whole pot of soup. I saw your stroganoff recipe yesterday and wanted to try it. :slight_smile: [quote=“Jbird71, post:6, topic:9121”]
This is a delicious sub I have made, couldn’t keep my family out of it!
[/quote]

That sounds really good! I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

(Brad) #8

I just make cream of mushroom soup. HWC, sauteed mushrooms, salt, pepper, and konjac flour or xanthan gum.
very low carb

(Ashley Haddock) #9

I decided to make some bacon mushroom soup for lunch. I sort of threw stuff together using the ideas from this thread. Thanks, @Fiorella for the bacon idea. Bacon makes everything better. It was absolutely delicious! I posted it in recipes if anyone wants to check it out. :slight_smile: