CrackSlaw - my first attempt

(Mike Williams) #1

Saturday was my first attempt at making crack slaw. I used this sites recipe as a guide. https://lowcarbyum.com/low-carb-crack-slaw-beef-cabbage/ Instead of ground beef, I used 1lb of ground turkey and 1lb of ground lamb. I also added bacon. I added the bacon grease to the recipe. I did not use the stevia either.

(Randy) #2

Toasted sesame oil and a spicy chili paste will take it to a new level. I like it best with ground pork by a mile. But it is good with any meat I’ve tried.

(Mike Williams) #3

The spicy chili paste is very intriguing. That will have to be my next endeavor. Thanks for the tips.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #4

And…
Don’t keep us in suspense. How did it taste?

(Mike Williams) #5

It tasted awesome. It almost tasted like eating an egg roll, with bacon. The olive oil and bacon grease really added a nice touch and combined flavor. I will have to experiment with different meats and oils.

(Mike Williams) #6

I did another batch of crackslaw for this week. I changed the meats slightly. I used grass-fed ground beef with ground lamb again. I put the bacon, of course, again. However, I made a slight “boo boo”. I was listening to a 2 Keto dudes’ podcast and got distracted some how (can you imagine? lol). I forgot to put in the apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative). I also added a teaspoon of sriracha sauce. Still tasted pretty good.

(Sophie) #7

I like it with hamburger but next time I might use a different meat. Thanks for the suggestions.

(Leslie Gardner) #8

I use salt pork (or pork belly) and a splash of fish sauce. A favorite!