Could we PLEASE stop telling people that fasting is the solution to everything?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #101

Hahahahahaha!! :heart:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #102

(Running from stupidity) #103

Is that a keto salute? A kind of secret handshake thing?

Maybe we should all have these and use them to greet people in threads. That could be fun in the “My first post and just saying hi” type threads :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #104

BAHAHAHA! Yes. Yes it is. Lol

I like this idea in theory but in practice I have a head like a dropped pie & I wouldn’t like to scare anyone off :grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #106

Everybody’s being so silly and sarcastic on here it’s hard for me to tell who’s serious. But I just want to point out that if this is truly your eating plan, it’s excellent! A lot of people have found profound success with this.

I pretty much like eating OMAD most days, and like @tdean, I usually eat between 5 and 6pm, (since I get home around 5pm) and I don’t eat until the next day at the same time. But if I do eat a second meal, it’s between 12Noon-1pm. So I totally agree with his scheduling, because it’s what I’ve too been doing since starting Keto 6 months ago. … Also no snacking at all, so nothing between these meal times and never have. Also, 99% of the time, drinking just water. … Might be why I’ve been seeing success since started?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #108

Excellent sir. I applaud you. And I’m being completely serious, not sarcastic LOL

(Empress of the Unexpected) #109

Because of the fridge repair thing today I had OMAD. I am doubled over in pain. There are no threads about severe stomach pain while fasting, why? Hunger would not be an issue for me. I don’t obsess about food. But after about six hours my stomach is just in pain. Why does no one address this issue? One poster even made fun of me! Doctor has run all the tests. His verdict? “Just eat.” I would love to be part of the fasting community, but I just can’t at this point.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #110

If I ever saw a thread like this I would tell the person to break the fast. And if it was a recurring issue I would not recommend fasting and I definitely would recommend seeing a doctor about the issue. It could be many things including ulcers, and anatomical issues with the stomach itself.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #111

My doctor has done the usual tests. I have been a stomach-emptier from way back. No eating for two hours, embarrassing growling. Poop three times a day. Even on keto. But thank you Brenda, you are the first person that has actually addressed the situation. I think it is just me. At least I can mange 14/8. That’s better than most SAD people, right?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #112

Absolutely. If there’s anything I’ve learned in the last 5 years it’s that everybody truly is different and our bodies can be truly different except with the basic things such as we exist on red blood and oxygen. You do what works for you, and don’t feel pressured with some more popular things many people do. Just ignore people who put pressure on you about the right way to do Keto. You must not have read my most famous thread in this forum. No not the pork rind pancakes that’s famous too. Lol.
This one. There is no keto rule book. That applies too to whether or not you feel you need to fast. Enjoy :heart:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #113

Thank you, Brenda. People do what they can. My ex could easily fast for a week. The good news about me on keto is there is no more snacking (eating every two hours). Wow, I manage, four or five hours between meals, and have lost weight. Thanks for the encouragement. But I am still curious as to why my body resists fasting.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #114

For some of us it takes months and even years to heal. There could be a healing process going on. Maybe things will change later. Just keep doing what’s comfortable and what works for you :heart:

(Running from stupidity) #115

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #116

:metal:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #117

:peace_symbol:

(Running from stupidity) #118

Hey! This is a serious thread!

(Running from stupidity) #119

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Terence Dean) #120

Yes it is my eating plan actually and with the exception of going TMAD (I was 3MAD up until a month ago) I’ve never needed to go on an extended fast to shift my weight or lower my insulin levels but that’s me and I know this would not necessarily work the same for everyone. So yeah whether we call this intermittent fasting or it doesn’t count as fasting, that’s not really the point. It works for me, and I’m quite comfortable doing keto this way.