Could use a kind word

(Wandering) #21

I think it was the salt. On the recommendation of this thread I just literally opened some salt packets yesterday and ate salt, and I do feel somewhat better physically, and a lot better mentally / emotionally. I have to admit, I was feeling pretty sad there when I wrote that post, by I am more upbeat today. Thank you for the response.

(Wandering) #22

Thank you so much! :blush:

This forum is so supportive! I am overwhelmed by all the supportive messages I received from my post, and really thank you for responding.

(Wandering) #23

Thank you for the response. I will check out that califlower mash, that sounds delicious. Mashed potatoes were a favorite of mine, and … .of course, bread.

(Wandering) #24

Thank you!

I’m overwhelmed by how supportive the forum has been in my time of need :slight_smile:

I’m feeling a little better now, from what people recommended I think it may have been the need for some salt because that seemed to make me feel physically better and a lot less sad.

(Wandering) #25

Thank you! :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #26

Thank you KetoCancerMom! :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #27

Thank you for the response Fangs, it was super nice of you to write me :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #28

Thank you Polly1 :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #29

Thank you for the advice! :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #30

I am already feeling a little better, and … oddly enough, this is probably about day 6 or 7 for me now. :slight_smile:

I think people’s recommendation that I get more salt helped too.

Thank you for the response :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #31

Thank you for that encouragement! :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #32

This makes a lot of sense to me.

Back over a decade ago, probably closer to 2, I used to smoke. I was a total addict too, sometimes as much as 2 packs a day on a stressful day. I quit that cold turkey, and did so with relatively little problem compared to other people I have talked to who quit … and I attribute that to exactly what you said. When I quit, I just made a decision that I wasn’t going to struggle with it … that what was done was done, and that from that point on it didn’t matter how I felt, or if I wanted a cigarette, or if other people around me were smoking, of it I was with friends at a party, or anything … as long as I didn’t put a lit cigarette in my mouth, I was okay. Just that simple decision to never put a lit cigarette in my mouth no matter how I felt was completely freeing … because I might feel bad, I might want to smoke, I might do this, or that … but I have total control over that ONE THING, not putting a lit cigarette in my mouth, and as long as I didn’t do that … I was free of it, and a non-smoker. And I have been a non-smoker for a long time now and I don’t even think about it anymore.

(Wandering) #33

Thank you for the encouragement gingersmommy :slight_smile:

(Wandering) #34

Thank you OldDoug! :slight_smile:

remember also you don’t count animal carbs. Any carbs from eggs etc. are mute. Your body wants this and these are small carb amts and are wrapped in a protein wrapper so…

carbs that matter are from other sources. Watch those like a hawk :slight_smile:

edited to say you can and some do but it truly isn’t necessary in the long run.

(Failed) #36

I haven’t heard that before. Where did you get that information, and what animal carbs does it refer to?

Sending kind words your way. Hoping today looks better for you.

(Kirk Wolak) #38

I recommend tracking things on a 1-5 (Lickert) scale every day.
How do you feel waking up?
Mood?
Emotional Readiness?
Fatigue?
Alertness?
Joint Pain?

Make your own list. Include the feelings that made you consider keto in the first place!
And just be in the moment and rate them: 1 is low 3 is neutral 5 is sky high.

I used to print a 1 month calendar page, and write this stuff down. After close to 16 months, I don’t need to, I am at peace with where I am…

I do track my weight, and my blood glucose/ketones daily. This is a great thing to do.
Sometimes during plateaus we are changing on the inside before the body can afford to woosh off a few pounds. For me, it helped keep me sane.

Stick with it. You have 28 days or so to DETOX from the poisons we have been eating our whole life. Feeling different isn’t bad, because it usually precedes feeling much better!

(Wandering) #39

Thank you Kage! :slight_smile:

(Marianne) #40

:+1: