Coronovirus Prediction

(Scott) #143

Please don’t think that I am implying that anyone is superior over another personally or by country. If you can’t control what is coming into your country over the border than anything including Coronavirus can come in. It is what the definition of what a sovereign country is. Big nation, small nation, state, city or town you can close what you want but it is international travelers that have to bring it in first so limit that. Once it is in it becomes much more local and becomes just that, a local issue.

(Bunny) #144

I got the idea from hospitals that replaced all there door handles and things people touch with copper and they noticed the infection rates went down in there own hospitals rather than providing hand sanitizers they spent the money on copper?

Creating face masks or a small copper wire mesh filter of a certain micron would be a great addition to respirator type mask and maybe a semi-disposable type.

(Scott) #145

Now everybody has green hand though.

(Bunny) #146

Copper has to be properly cleaned and maintained.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #147

(Bunny) #148

Victims of a Self-fulfilling Prophecy?

Our Walmart has been stripped, nothing left!

(Jane) #149

I think so, too and believe the economic impact will be far worse than the health impact.

(Jane) #150

So Italy is expected to have a fatality rate 42 times that of China? Why is that?

I feel sorry for the families of those who have died of Covid-19 in Italy so far. I also feel sorry for the 66,000 families who lost loved ones to the regular flu last year.

(Jane) #151

Ours looks mostly normal. Pet food aisle not bare but hit hard (kind-hearted folks looking after their fur babies :two_hearts:) and paper towels. Other than that not much difference.

Maybe folks around here don’t have the extra $$$ to stock up. Or they are smarter than they sound when they talk and stay stocked up all the time!
:woman_shrugging:

(Bunny) #152

I wonder about that, what about the 34,200-something people that died last year of the flu?

I got that one to but it didn’t kill me luckily, I think that was the worst flu I ever had in my life.

Guess we should of started freaking out last year?

I guess we know which politicians we will not be voting for next year?

References:

[1] “…So how do these numbers compare to flu deaths in previous years? So far, it looks like the 2019-2020 death toll won’t be as high as it was in the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season’s 34,200 flu-related deaths. Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. …” …More

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #153

Paracetamol is an antipyretic, not an anti-inflammatory.

Last I heard of body temperature values, 98.6 was a pre-febrile state.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #154

(Ethan) #155

And China

(KCKO, KCFO) #156

Just when I thought I couldn’t love Ivor and Paul anymore they give me this. I love those guys! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(joseph) #157

Streams earlier today on helping boost your immunity;

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #158

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3/fulltext

(Scott) #160

I ran this morning and instead of stopping by the gym as normal I just ran past it. It is a judgment call but I can’t see taking the risk at this point.

Choir is out at this point (not my decision, the major’s. it’s only about 10 people on a normal occasion but no one can say Hungary doesn’t take this seriously).
My social life officially died. The only person I can personally talk to is my SO and it won’t change in the next month. Except if I go shopping in the village my SO works in, I already planned that. I didn’t do it since months as it was winter and it requires going through a forest with bumpy terrain (as it’s the cute route so I always take that or nothing if it’s not a must) but it’s spring now. And we won’t stop buying vegetables and eggs if possible, we can’t store those in their proper form.
I thought about our lack of buying toiletries and looked at our current supplies. 14 TP rolls and about 180 paper handkerchiefs. It’s enough for a very long time and there are alternatives anyway, mostly for the letter though but it’s not like we would die without TP. I don’t want to try it out, though. My SO would be fine as he’s male, he barely needs any. I still don’t get why people buy those in big amounts but I will buy one of everything next time. We need new toothbrushes anyway.
Maybe a box of painkiller would be a good idea too, we only have 6. 26 should be more than enough for a year. And the car has first aid kit. And now we have a little amount of hand sanitizer for my SO who actually meets other humans. It’s plenty from me, I just don’t do medicine stuff, it’s not my job (I keep my body and guardian angel for that).

As I keep having WAY, way bigger problems since ages and she sun is shining, my spirit is definitely way better than ever in the last several months.
But I still want to see the end of this all soon. I have some empathy, after all. A bit too much, I think.
And I realized I have a far from healthy, 86 years old aunt I like. Fortunately she is used to not going anywhere as she have aching bones (she broke her pelvis, wrist and others after a bad fall decades ago) and her nice neighbour does things for her (shopping, cooking. my aunt never learned how to cook but she worked all the time too. she was a doctor for very long, she postponed retiring for a good while). She as a high-ranked ex-doctor of the nearby hospital, surely knows her stuff. I didn’t talked with her yet, we have a very long monthly phone call and the last one was before the virus arrived in Hungary.
I really hope she won’t even get infected at all. The same goes for my SO’s Mom (obesity, diabetes and other problems but younger and more capable than my aunt)… I have a very distant and old relative too (I only know about her through my aunt who is more social than me and it’s something if one is at home all the time) but she is in such a horrible state as I’ve heard that I would welcome death if I were her and I actually had the sanity for that. Deterioration of my mind, almost anything but that.

So I am in the “thinking about my way more fragile relatives” phase, definitely.
And I will buy some stuff during my next big shopping. Maybe it will come earlier… Things progress quickly.
We had the first case 12 days ago. Had some more every few days. Then came 13 new cases in one day, the first death, no big gatherings, not even small ones now, it seems (it’s good online teaching is a thing already but it’s surely not for small kids and hey, they need some adult supervisor too! It’s like every little kid is sick at home, oh my, not every mom or dad can work online…)

Oh my. I just started to think about things and I did know it’s big for economy and family life and everything but it haven’t sink in yet. It barely affects my life at this point (except killing my social life today but it’s no big deal for me. I think. I probably will feel a bit more alone… But I have cats, spiders, plants and my SO. Not in this order. And the Internet, of course.)

Good luck, everyone. And everything else that can be helpful.

The weather got way warmer and sunnier here lately, that’s good.

(Ken) #162

Here’s an article on why no influenza vaccines are made in the US.