Coronovirus Prediction

(bulkbiker) #102

sometimes?

(Ken) #103

Nothing like a heavy dose of Apocalyptic Religious Dogma to manipulate people into accepting Totalitarian solutions and consequential loss of Freedom.

No the ice caps are not disappearing at an alarming rate, nor are the Greenland glaciers. There is an overall small loss rate consistent with the fact that we are in a minor warming trend consistent with the normal Dansgaard-Oescheger Cycle that has been happening since we came out of the Little Ice Age. All natural and predictable. Not some Manmade crisis. Please, not the Polar Bear hysteria. Their populations have actually been increasing.

The causes of the problems you have cited are generally caused by Leftism and lack of Individual Freedom. Now being used as rationalization for more Leftism and even more Loss of Freedom.

Can you ground the statement that polar bear population is increasing?

(Ken) #105

https://www.thegwpf.org/as-polar-bear-numbers-increase-gwpf-calls-for-re-assessment-of-endangered-species-status/

(Karen) #106

Thank you that helps me explain to my sister what flattening the curve means.

(Karen) #107

I think it’s fair to say that what ever side of the political spectrum you are on… Climate change/no climate change, polar bears at risk/ polar bears not at risk… It’s still wise to do what you can to husband resources, and to behave in a responsible way that shows neither greed nor waste.

(Jeff S) #108

That’s a useful model to try to understand potential causality, but it is overly simplistic to assume it can be applied to explain every situation. Stores are benefitting by selling lots of TP, soap, and hand sanitizer. But does that really mean they are somehow responsible for the virus?

(Ethan) #109

This video explains how different efforts can reduce the peak by what percent, too

(Scott) #110

In a single provider medical system capacity can be manipulated as a function of cost or poor planning prior to the event. Same is true of triage. A budgetary limit can mean that some are just not worth saving. The real beauty of this equation is that a politicians rather than a doctor may be the ones pulling the levers.

(Scott) #111

I saw a conversation on the news about how many people use their phone, put it down, wash their hands only to pick up the phone and place it on their face.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #112

That is exactly the case in Italy and likely most if not all other European countries where the government is the sole provider of health care.

(Joey) #113

Many thanks for this link. This is a fascinating study (BTW, you can read the whole thing via Google Scholar search).

Reduced glucose seems to curtail viral replication much as it reduces cancer cell growth. Again, a fascinating (if not unsurprising?) result.

Here is all that happened and all we know around the world regarding the Corona Virus:

(Ken) #115

It depends. Your points are Subjective. The Climate Change real issue is if it is caused by Mankind or not. If not caused by Mankind it is merely Socio-Political manipulation designed to subjugate Mankind into following a Marxist-Leninist Religious Agenda.

Not really the thread for this type of discussion.

(PJ) #116

I notice several other issues in this CV thread, obviously because anything worth doing is worth overdoing :rofl:

Today at 4:45am when my friend’s son went to work at our walmart - a ‘super walmart’ size store – he could not find a place to park. Holy crap, the parking lot is the size of Guam. He and his sister who also works there, said today was like black friday + christmas eve + snow storm coming – all at once. Entire giant aisles are bare now. He had someone literally yank a box of butter out of his hand (he grabbed it back lol). He said he and another man dived for the last big bag of crunchy cat food (which he was buying for me), though there were still a couple other brands with some left.

It’s the equivalent of locusts or something lol. He said the pharmacy and the row that has most the cold medicine was a line halfway across the store and the shelf was nearly empty. Just absolutely nuts.

I was getting a few groceries at a Walmart pickup area today and offered the girl a wet wipe. She acted as if I had tipped her. I handed over the container, which I’m sorry to say was almost empty and she told me she would share them with her coworkers as they were not able to get any.

(Jane) #118

No panic buying where I live. Went to a grocery store yesterday in Mountain Home, AR and the shelves looked a bit less full than usual but nothing bare or empty.

Was glad to see since we were just picking up a few items.

Meetings in Columbus, MS next week were canceled so I will be working from home, which is fine by me.

Dr Paul Mason suggests that limiting blood glucose excursions will be helpful when facing an infection.

It is key to note he mentions that even if someone is a diagnosed diabetic, it is the control of blood glucose changes that is important. So that means starting a low carb healthy fats diet will be of benefit within a few days for diabetics waiting for the infection to hit. I think that is some information worth sharing.

There is also the note about the fever as the body responds to the infection. Using anti-inflammatories too early may hamper the body’s immune response to the virus. Monitoring temperature and doing supportive treatment with oral fluids might be the best course to allow some inflammatory response. Normal body temp is about 98.6F (37’C) and a range of 97-99. Over 100.4 (38’C) is the indicator to start to consider the paracetamol in addition to oral fluids and gentle manual cooling. Greater than 102F (38.9) for 12 hours means see a doctor. Greater than 103F is dangerous.

(Wendy) #120

I live on a 1 sq mile reservation. In Az, our little town is freaking out just like the rest of the country. Although, the gal I work with, her husband came home the other night from a training in Phoenix. And the whole group of guys have been put in quarantine. For 14 days. Including my co worker. Cause a gentleman was sick at the training in Phoenix. We also have a sign on our office door,that states if you are having any symptoms, to Not enter the office. You would be surprised how many people go out when they are sick. Glad I work behind a glass window.

(Karen) #121

I’m not in a particularly high risk age group, but higher than young folks. I am pretty much staying home as everything that I participate in has already been canceled. We canceled a scheduled trip recently as well.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and spent 15 minute shopping and 45 minutes in line. I was behind a guy who had a big bag of paper towels and another one in his arms. He said he had had two in his car but someone took one out when he went to get something else, so I had to go back and get another one. People behaving badly.

Anyway my husband is less concerned about the virus, and will probably bring it home. Can’t get him to use the sanitizing gel in the stores or wipe down the shopping cart. He’s out having breakfast with his brother. He’s just pretty casual about it. I’m not sure we need to panic but Sanitizing your cart should be a minimum. :grin:Anyway everyone stay safe.