Conversation Starters - Cold - No Relationship

conversationstarters

(thefeatherdustersllc) #41

This is awesome!! You guys rock! I have a lot to learn, so glad I’m here!!

(Mark) #42

Maybe we can get a petition started to get the name fatty liver changed to sugar liver to make it less confusing for people and let them know they are getting stuffed like foie gras and that fat is the answer to their metabolic syndrome, just a thought

(suzanna) #43

I think I see a new business for you to go along with your new awesome business cards Brenda! So many people need a coach! I’d hire you :grinning:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #44

Thank you. That is a high compliment and I don’t take it lightly.

(paddy0761) #45

Yeah. Last week I spotted a guy, probably about 40 years old, sitting on a bench inside a shopping mall. He was clearly exhausted from trying to do some last minute Christmas shopping. He would have been about 230 kg or 500 lbs. Absolutely enormous. I’m surprised he wasn’t actually using some sort of mobility device.
He had a deathly pallor. He clearly didn’t get out much. It’s the middle of the Aussie summer here. He was wearing shorts and you could see his legs were diseased below the knees.
I felt sick, because I knew he has probably been doing everything the doctors and dieticians have been telling him and he has just gotten progressively worse. I don’t think he will see next Christmas.
He had “DEFEAT” written all over him. I could tell he has given up; sick of the way people look at him.
I knew I could help, but I had no clue how to start that conversation.

(suzanna) #46

As I read this I kept thinking he’d probably appreciate any conversation at all. (Even if it didn’t lead into a keto conversation). It must be so hard to even leave the house and then to be stared at. Breaks my heart.

(Halley Santee) #47

The worst for me is seeing the obese kids. I wish so hard I could talk to the parents and help, but of course there is almost zero chance it would go well.
I’ve watched my son’s pudge almost disappear since I started gradually replacing the sugars and starches in his diet. It’s not full keto but now he snacks on sausage and cheese instead of cereal and eats low sugar ice cream bars for dessert.

(Becky) #48

I shared a hello with a woman in a coffee shop and we chit chatted, then as she was preparing to leave, I asked if I could share a personal victory I was celebrating and shared my before and after pictures and blood sugar, blood pressure numbers. She asked me how and I told her Keto.

(Keto in Katy) #49

Thank you Cheeses!

(KB) #50

I think I will be getting some of these cards made as well. People seem genuinely interested about diet, being healthy & weight loss.

(gooeykablooey) #51

Lol that made me giggle

(Beth) #52

Sorry, I haven’t read the whole thread, but wanted to say that if you do make business cards, make sure it says on it that you’re not selling anything, or something to that effect. If someone handed me a business card and they’d obviously gone to the trouble and expense of having them printed, I would for sure think they were selling something.

(KB) #53

Yup. Did that…no products- just REAL FOOD!

(Candy Lind) #54

Maybe we could think about crowdfunding a domain where individuals could make their own custom success page, without glomming on any menus/meal plans, education, videos, forums, etc. - that would be very inexpensive per person due to the sharing of the space. It could actually be at least partially funded by ads, like most bloggers do, but it would just be strictly “testimonials.” Just a thought! I’d like a page like that eventually.

BTW, myketosuccess.com is parked on GoDaddy. Listed as Private on Whois. No idea what the owner would ask for it. Other suffixes are available.

(Candy Lind) #55

:cry::cry::cry: