Conversation Starters - Cold - No Relationship

conversationstarters

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

LMFAO :joy:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

:floyd:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

The Ketogenic Diet.
Low carbohydrate, moderate protein, high fat.
Reverse Type 2 diabetes, eliminate body fat.

2ketodudes.com (podcasts/resources)
I am episode #21

Www.ketogenicforums.com (ongoing support/resources)

(carl) #24

Looks good

(Meeping up the Science!) #25

Must be www.ketogenicforums.com or it wonā€™t work FYI

@carl : Consider making a scannable QR code to the forums or podcasts??

(Meeping up the Science!) #27

If @dudes make a QR code I will consider adding it to my prof. blog.

(Meeping up the Science!) #28

Praise the lard?

(Jennie) #29

I saw a fellow yesterday working at the grocery store. I donā€™t know how to politely say he was heavy. I recognize that as metabolically troubled. I wanted so badly to approach him to discuss Keto as a means to striving for health. Iā€™m still trying to sort out a way to do this or if itā€™s even appropriate. For now I simply say a prayer that theyā€™d find the way to health without me having to approach them for fear of making them uncomfortable. Or coming across as rude. When youā€™re heavy, you know youā€™re heavy. I donā€™t know that strangers with ā€œadviceā€ would be helpful.

Maybe I could entice them with free bacon. If I start a ā€œMeatupā€ in my town I could tell them come hang out and eat free bacon.

Iā€™ll follow this thread to see the ideas!

(astrahsburg) #30

My talks with strangers about keto generally start from someone I know as a source. Somone (this still happens daily for me) will comment about how much weight Iā€™ve lost or how good Iā€™m looking these days. I will begin talking with them about my progress or my frustration over the current stall Iā€™m at. At some point along this conversation somebodyā€™s attention will be completely captured and they will start asking questions which is when I get to start talking about hacking your insulin level and stuff. I do wish I had some sort of business card, but now that I think about it, I may just throw up a single web page for something like myketosuccess.com or something simple with links to the brief reads ect, and have the business card just be the simple URL. Maybe the business card could have my before and after photo as well.

(Tom Seest) #31

Iā€™m working on a personal website as well.

I think it will helpā€¦

I may just get a card with before, after photos, and a link to the website.

(astrahsburg) #32

maybe we could team up on this. I just bought ketolivingproof.com we could point somewhere.

Have a few people with before and after pics with a short bio. And links to other resources that we have genuinely learned and benefited from like the podcast ect.

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #33

:joy::joy::joy::joy: @Donna

(carl) #34

works for me

(astrahsburg) #35

Carl,

Has DNS recently been updated? I just posted about this in the Site Feedback section as well. www. works, but without it no workey.

(carl) #36

No. We set it up last week. I will investigate

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

Thanks!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #38

Yeah. The basic name and description of keto (and itā€™s benefits) is critical, as most have never heard of it. Also, I think ā€œI am episode #21ā€ is an important part of my card because I am standing right in front of them. I believe your two links will suffice for now for resources.

(Lorraine Piercy) #39

YeS Brenda get a simple card with your email and any links to good info .

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #40

Iā€™m having one made with 2KetoDudes.com (podcast site) and www.ketogenicforums.com on it.

I decided to keep it simple. I can talk their ear off about the rest. Lol