Confusion over fat adapted or not?

bloodglucose
glucose

(Marianne) #21

:cry:

I’m sorry you are experiencing this. Good for you that you are hanging in there in spite of it!

Just make sure you are eating enough and getting enough fat. Hope you see a difference soon.

Interesting. So you’re not hungry but you don’t have energy. I’d be curious the difference. Is hunger related more to insulin levels than fat adaptation?

Just not fully adapted. My ketones are great, but my body’s still hoping for glucose I think, but it’s finding none. I have some nutrient absorption issues atm also due to GI issues and PPI’s, so things happening a little slower.

(Marianne) #24

For me, I naturally progressed to OMAD after probably six weeks. I had no cravings to eat more often than that and was completely satisfied. Still, I didn’t find I became fat adapted for like 4.5 months in. That’s with eating lots of fat, very low carbs, no cheating, etc. When it happened, the difference in my energy level was unmistakable from before. So, to me - yes, you can only be eating OMAD and not yet be fat adapted.

Can’t really explain the science of it like some other folks here, but it was true for me.