Confessions of a Ketoer

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #41

Sometimes I drink the bacon juice, instead of saving it to cook with. :blush:

I could not do that, you are a braver man than I.

(Roy D Rushing Jr ) #44

I think fathead dough is going to be my undoing. I can easily eat a whole batch of it by myself.

I haven’t made fathead dough yet. Is it that good. Please tell me more.

By the way . . .
We ate out the other night . . I ordered steamed brocolli, and a hamburger with cheese, no ketchup, no bun. Waitress asked if I wanted to try their gluten free bun. I said yes. While waiting for our order I researched the bun online. It has as many carbs as a regular bun, and contains sugar and rice flour. Don’t trust anyone. Read, learn, research, and your body will love you for it!

(Jane) #46

Yeah, gluten-free is rarely low carb. They just substitute corn or rice flour or some other starch for the flour. And no reduction in sugar.

Good for you on researching!

I ordered a very meaty omelette at ihop several months ago and discovered halfway through eating it (and researching ihop foods) that they add PANCAKE BATTER to their egg mixture to make them fluffier and of course stretch the expensive ingredient with a cheap filler!
:rage:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #47

I told my carber daughter that and she thought it was a good idea. I love eggs and only eggs. Okay bacon and butter and eggs.

I read an article not long ago that mentioned iHop doing this, and also mentioned some other places that something similar? Can’t recall where I saw it, but if I happen across it, I will make sure to post it. … But we honestly eat at home most the time anyway, but it is good information to have when you do go out.

(Jane) #49

I quit ordering anything but fried eggs anymore because they can’t add fillers to them.

Or a nice breakfast place in Houston that has amazing omelettes - you can asked for “cracked eggs” otherwise they pour from a pitcher. I guess you have no way of knowing if they actually do that. Fried eggs always a safe choice!

(Clint Phelps) #50

I was craving something last night and couldn’t place it or decide so I stood in front of my open fridge and ate an entire stick of butter.

Yes ma’am, I agree. But have heard they do indeed add fillers sometimes to scramble eggs. So if you don’t ask, they sure don’t offer the information.

(Sophie) #52

@Janie @Digital_Dave I believe you can order “shell eggs” for your omelet at Ihop. It just doesn’t look as fluffy, like anyone really cares.

(Lorraine) #53

I just ordered “shell eggs” at Ihop this morning! I shared a Country Omelette with my daughter and had them put the hash browns on the side as well. We each had half the omelette and she had the hash browns and pancakes. It worked out perfectly!

(Raj Seth) #54

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Sophie) #55

God help me, I just broke out into a sweat when I realized that I only have 6 bars of Kerrygold in the freezer!!! :scream::cold_sweat::scream:

I’m guessing the shirataki, they upset my digestion.

This thread looks so dead, but I need it…

I must confess, for I have sinned. I made dinner when not hungry. That was such a waste of delicious cooking.